PDA

View Full Version : 30$ level 4, KQs worth a reraise?

Nicok7
03-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi guys I am wondering what you think about KQs and how you play it. I mean this hand is reraly dominated but merely offers a coin flip against a low pair, and a small ace. Anyway here is the hand I am not sure about.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG (t1425)</font>
MP (t1950)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1125)</font>
SB (t2690)
BB (t810)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t250</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>,Hero pushes all in, UTG calls t875.

Flop: (t1275) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1275) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1275) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1275

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kh As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ks Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: UTG wins t1275. </font>

Here he has AK but on the 30$ I believe many time the non all in raise will be with a hand that doesn't want to be all in, and you will often win the blinds + the raise putting you in a very good position, or most of the times you get a coin flip when called. Anybody agrees with that logic?

Also is it possible to call that much without pushing? You will only flop 35% of the time and have to fold if he (likely) raises ahead of you. You will rarely get a 4 flush and even less often FLOP the flush... So you might have to push on a draw if you call here.

Last option at this stage is it possible to fold this hand?

Thanks

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 11:40 PM
.... ! Fold PF! Your stack is 11xBB and you have no need to gamble yet.

Nicok7
03-31-2005, 11:52 PM
The more I reread the hand the more I think I am tired /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Ok to make the problem interesting, image the blinds are 200/400 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lastchance
04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
That push is really easy. I think I fold KQs to the UTG (!!) raise though, in the initial hand. I'd say every hand raising here beats you.

TheUsher
04-01-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The more I reread the hand the more I think I am tired /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Ok to make the problem interesting, image the blinds are 200/400 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with 200/400 blinds and same stacks it's almost a no-brainer to push. Assume they raised like the situation above though, they would have pushed first which means you'd have to call, but if you'd count the dead money from SB/BB I'd say it's a good call too. I dunno, didn't do the math on this one but that's what my gut says. You'd only have 2 hands to find something better before you're in the BB with 3xBB left so time to gamble.