PDA

View Full Version : Low limit game

10-19-2002, 03:17 PM
I' looking for a 25 cent game in the Minneapolis area. I'm a semiretired farmer who has time to play. I used to play in a quarter game but when it was raised to 50 cents I refused to play. Also my favorite game was called "Gordon Pioske" Does anyone remember how to play it.

10-21-2002, 02:22 PM
It's seven card stud with low holecard wild and all like it. A great game.

10-23-2002, 01:02 PM
That's a real low limit game. "gordon " was also one of my favorite games but its played like 7 card stud and pairs showing are wild. The wild cards change if the pair changes or something like that. I'm not to good at forgetting. At least I don't think i am. I can't remember

10-23-2002, 04:53 PM
if your retired, you should move up to a 50cent game, supplement that income a little in your old age, plus you now have much more time to study websites such as this which will allow you to become a better poker player when the other farmers you are playing with are all so busy with their hectic fast paced farming lives

10-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Poker is illegal in Minneapolis, go to Shakopee for a game

10-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Bucky - I would refer you to the weekly poker game at the Bushwood Country Club next to the new condominium development near Minneapolis, while I buff the golfers shoes, Judge Smales, Doctor Beeper, Tie and Rodney usually get a game going with some of the members. At times it is a low limits game, I know this because some of the caddies play sometimes including Danny Noonan and DeNuncio.

10-24-2002, 12:38 PM
But their favorite game is gopher, not gordon....

10-24-2002, 01:15 PM
You're nuts. Yhe game you describe is "Melvin Dressel" I describe how to play "Gordon Pioske" Do you know of any Poker games where you can get Government subsidies. Maybe the Gov will send you supplemental payments for your losses just like they send payments for your corn, your soybeans, your pasture and you milk.

10-24-2002, 01:47 PM
I want a friendly home game. The limits at Canterbury are much to high. Most of the people i know who go there lose money. Only one guy. biggie has a system to beat caribbean and he always wins

Jimbo
10-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I have one as well, it is called being the house. Players lose the house wins.

Jimbo

11-01-2002, 03:01 PM
My friend Biggie has a system he uses to not only beat Carribbean and let it ride at Canterbury his system works with Blackjack in Vegas