PDA

View Full Version : $109 push and call on the bubble

microbet
03-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Mostly curious if you see this call made very often at the higher buyins. But also how often you might make this push - I know that is probably harder to say out of context. Pusher had been moderately aggressive up to this point. Converter was very buggy, sorry.

NL Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Level:6 Blinds(150/300) -
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: BUTTON ( $5500 )
Seat 5: SB ( $1890 )
Seat 6: BB ( $1410 )
Seat 9: UTG ( $1200 )
Level:6
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BUTTON [ 5h 3c ]
UTG folds.
BUTTON is all-In [5500]
SB is all-In [1740]
BB folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 4h, Ah ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
SB shows [ Kd, Qs ] a pair of fours.
BUTTON shows [ 5h, 3c ] a pair of fours.
BUTTON wins 3610 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of fours.
SB wins 4080 chips from the main pot with a pair of fours with king kicker.

raptor517
03-31-2005, 09:53 PM
yea im pretty much pushing every hand until someone calls and doubles or calls and busts. so i think the push is fine, but i think the call with KQ is pretty terrible. meh.

Rolen
03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Unless you've been pushing every single hand for the past 3 levels, SB is a nutcase..I usually put 'gambler' in their notes when they do this.

The push is without question a good one, unless you have a read on either of the blinds that they might call you with garbage like KQ. I do watch some 100+9s and calls like this are rare (EDIT : disclaimer, in my LIMITED viewing) + tend to come from the same people over and over.

microbet
03-31-2005, 09:56 PM
That's what I figured. But, what percentage of players at these levels do you think make that call?

raptor517
03-31-2005, 09:57 PM
well, i think everyone at every level is pretty terrible. soo, i would say that actually a good percentage would call with KQ. like, maybe even 50%. i dont see how they can all be that terrible. but they are. holla

eastbay
03-31-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I figured. But, what percentage of players at these levels do you think make that call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, my gut tells me that this call is more common at $109 than $55. Maybe I just expect more at $109, though, it's hard to tell.

It's not uncommon, let's just say that.

eastbay

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, my gut tells me that this call is more common at $109 than $55. Maybe I just expect more at $109, though, it's hard to tell.

It's not uncommon, let's just say that.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's surprising to me and I'm assuming this is because of the more aggressive bubble play involved there. I haven't played a large amount of $100's but from the ones I've seen that's usually the case. Anyhow, for me I might have folded in that situation as the blinds are still 4xBB-6xBB their stack and not everyone knows not to call with Ax/KQ/small PP's, etc which will almost guaranteed put me in a bad situation *if* called. The situation is almost perfect to steal though but it's one of those times I'd want a little something better.

citanul
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
yes, two things

a) people at the 109s are more prone to not want to feel like they are being "run over" than people at the 55s. thus, they start to call with things like KTo.

b) people for some reason think that KQ is the greatest hand in the universe, especially at the 109s.

citanul

Jman28
04-01-2005, 01:16 AM
I personally don't like the push or the call.

Obviously there's more to take into account (such as flow of the game) than I can see here, but I don't think this push is worth it.

If UTG were smaller, I would push, but in this case, I'd just wait for something a little better.

-Jman28