PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised at how quickly I got over...

jcmack13
03-31-2005, 08:03 PM
feeling embarrassed anout bluff-betting every street in position against a loose-passive who kept calling and calling and then rivering a highly unlikely card to give me a winning hand.

I used to feel kinda guilty getting super-lucky at the river. I'm glad that's over.

SinCityGuy
03-31-2005, 08:17 PM
You shouldn't be embarrassed that you got lucky and won the hand, but you should be embarrassed for trying to bluff a calling station.

x2ski
04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't be embarrassed that you got lucky and won the hand, but you should be embarrassed for trying to bluff a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally realized the same thing yesterday. I too am embarrassed. Live and learn I guess.

Saint_D
04-01-2005, 01:25 AM
If you have PT, go back and examine those hands. Look and see if you really "rivered an unlikely card."

It's quite possible you had the pot equity/pot odds to raise, or at least call. (And if you would call and can raise for the same price, raise by all means.)

Making a card on the river when the pot is big and you have a bunch of outs is just good poker. And having a calling station to bet into makes it all the better.

If you are betting out with a 2 outer on every street and rivered a lot, you are just lucky and need to plug a big leak before it costs you.

-D

jcmack13
04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I meant weak-tight and not loose-passive. Just bluffing against someone who usually folds unimproved on the turn, but then he calls (and i raise my eyebrow intending to check the river behind him) and out of nowhere comes an unlikely out. good feeling.

Beavis68
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I always figure that that is what I they get for not protecting their hands.

Remember, all your opponents are sub-human, retards, when they lose it is just the natural order of things.

archmagi
04-01-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant weak-tight and not loose-passive

[/ QUOTE ]

ok now it's better

einbert
04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember, all your opponents are sub-human, retards, when they lose it is just the natural order of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me smile.

It's true too.