PDA

View Full Version : Aces up on a scary Flop

Nfinity
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi this is my first post here, so any general input about the way this is formated will be appreciated and I'll be sure to get it right next time.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Both UTG+1 and MP2 are LA pre-flop, P postflop

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

I raised here to fold any possible One-card flush draws and ragged Aces.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

I didn't want to give anyone still drawing a free card so I bet with the intentions of slowing down on the River if I get Check-raised.

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Big pot, so I called.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Redd
03-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Format is fine. I'd also play the hand the same way.

Greg J
03-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey many welcome to the forum.

Yr play is good. Some of yr reasoning is off.

[ QUOTE ]
I raised here to fold any possible One-card flush draws and ragged Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have raised because I most likely have the best hand. Anyone with the K and probably the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif is not folding anyhow.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to give anyone still drawing a free card so I bet with the intentions of slowing down on the River if I get Check-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, I'm betting for value here. You have the best hand! Trust me: thinking about this the right way will pay dividends.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
Big pot, so I called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now this reasoning, I like. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You will be surprised that some clown plays like this when he spikes his 2 pair with A2o on the river. Expect to lose most of the time, but win enough to make this a good call.

Nfinity
03-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Your right about the "My hand is a winner logic" it pays off a lot more than the "Who most likely is going to beat me" logic I had before reading SSH. I usually try and add the "how do I make sure it stays a winner?" right along with it.

Your posts telling me the play was good make me more confident in this particular situation, something about this hand just irked me, and I couldn't figure out by myself what it was so I threw it up here. I think the passive players after the flop have something to do with it, as I've seen them Check:Call flushes/ straights in these situations. Maybe a few thousand more hands will help me shake these irrational fears.

gopnik
03-31-2005, 08:33 PM
nice hand, I play the same way.
You raise the flop because you probably have the best hand and to get rid of a small/medium heart.

thesharpie
03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
nh. I've played with you on Paradise before under the name tehshar. Unfortunately I just cashed out, but you may see me again if they ever do a reload bonus. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nfinity
03-31-2005, 09:48 PM
almost forgot, for the inquiring mind.

UTG+1 has As 6c (two pair, aces and sixes).
MP2 has 5d 4h (straight, six high).
Hero has 6d Ad (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 12 BB.