PDA

View Full Version : multitabling multitable tournaments

betgo
03-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I have been reasonably successful playing several MTTs at a time. I am semipro to weak pro and mostly play MTTs. However, I won my way into several $150-$640 online MTTs and I found I did consistantly well, although I usually didn't cash. Now there are a lot of very weak players in these bigger money tournaments through the satellites I guess, but also some fairly strong players. I eventually realized that one thing I was doing different is these bigger tournaments was I wasn't multitabling.

I have tried single tabling $40-$150 tournaments and I usually atleast make it to the bubble period. (I often bust out on the bubble, because I don't play to fold into the money.) The results were considerably better than if I multitabled a bunch of $10-$100 tournaments.

Therefore I have decided to either single-table or multitable a bunch of small tournaments or supersatellites, in about the $5-$30 range. In these, I have found the play is so bad that I can be successful multitabling.

I have found multitabling works for me with SNGs. However, to make money in MTTs, you need to make the top places. By single-tabling, you get breaks every hour, you know how the players and table are playing, and are more aware of the flow of play on a hand. I take notes on every hand single tabling, so that may be part of it. The combination of these thing seems to make a difference in results.

I don't know whether I discovered something, or if I was the only one crazy enough to try multitabling multitables.