PDA

View Full Version : 6max confusion

Kev7554
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
I posted a thread a few days ago about needing help in the 25nl 6 max game and was given some great advice about tightening up pre flop not raising hands that are easily dominated (KQ,KJ,QJ,QT. Also was told to do some reading on bet-the-pot.com and there they talk about being Tight Agressive Agressive is the way to go. But to become TAA you would need to rais atleast 7% of the time pre flop. I just don't see this as being possible by not playing or raising the before mentioned hands. SO to all the TAA's out there are you raising with marginal hands in posistion?? If this has been covered before I apologize but i couldn't find it

jhall23
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, in my 6max games I am wicked tight in EP and then get laggy in CO and button. Just for example here are my numbers.

Position VP$IP PFR
Button , ~39 , ~14
CO , ~31 , ~14
UTG+1 , ~22 , ~7
UTG , ~18 , ~5
BB , ~12 , ~5
SB , ~30 , ~5

Overall that puts me at about 26/10 for PF numbers. When I first jumped into 6 max I had a tough time finding the appropriate amount of aggression and went on a big downswing but now I feel very comfortable. Raising decent but not great hands in EP is just asking for trouble and was definetly one of my leaks at the beggining. From the CO or button I'll raise tons of hands but try and keep them to hands that can flop really well most of the time.