PDA

View Full Version : raptor - start 16 tabling - holla!

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Check this post out on the Internet Forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2005759&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1

Pics of his setup at:

http://www.cheeseypoker.co.uk/static/images/monitorsshotresize.jpg
http://www.cheeseypoker.co.uk/static/images/monitorsmeresize.jpg

Unreal. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sofere
03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Jeez...my computer would explode, come back together, then explode again. The real question is...which would explode first...my computer, my brain, or my mouse-clicking finger

SuitedSixes
03-31-2005, 06:58 PM
I want.

1C5
03-31-2005, 07:12 PM
I want too.

raptor517
03-31-2005, 07:22 PM
wow, ok. yea, im definitely doing that. like, really. ive been wanting to get a new setup to 12 table, and that is just too perfect.

how much would all that stuff cost? i would need a new video card, but my system is hooked up good with ram and all that already.. hmm. im gonna really have to consider getting that setup. would be completely perfect for 12 tabling. if anybody has any links to order all that stuff hit me up. holla

SuitedSixes
03-31-2005, 07:26 PM
You probably just need another video card and the two monitors, and either a stand or wall mounting brackets.

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Check out the first link as I think he mentioned it was like $3k for the monitors and such. Couldn't 4 2001FP's work the same but $1k cheaper or so?

raptor517
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
how would you stack them like that though? i dont have enough space to have 4 sitting across my desk, need 2 and 2 stacked.. holla

The Yugoslavian
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out the first link as I think he mentioned it was like $3k for the monitors and such. Couldn't 4 2001FP's work the same but $1k cheaper or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd certainly go with 4 2001s personally. From scratch getting those, some mounting bracket, and a computer setup (and proper video card) to support it could probably be had for under 3k.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how would you stack them like that though? i dont have enough space to have 4 sitting across my desk, need 2 and 2 stacked.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You need some sorta stand/bracket thingy. Putting them all side by side horizontally I think would not be the way to go. Going with the stacked square has to be better. The certainly exist and I doubt it'd be too hard to find one via the internet...which I'm currently on right now.....ummm...meh, I'm supposed to be working! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

For example (http://www.ergoindemand.com/computer_monitor_stand_quad.htm)

Edit: Found this (and many other urls) in like .5 seconds via google...

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will need to buy a stand for them, or brackets that you can use to mount them on the wall (that's what I will do).

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 07:54 PM
FWIW, if anyone's interested in getting a Dell 2001FP I have one extra unopened in the box. Bought 4 when I'm only using 3 right now. I'll let it go to a 2+2'er cheaper than Dell if anyone needs it.

raptor517
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
ILL TAKE IT. no really. i need to buy like 4 of em i guess, cuz i want to have that setup like the box square with 4. i definitely need a new setup to do 12, and i think having 4 would be ideal. sooo, pm me i guess and we can work out details if u really want to get rid of it lmk. holla

rohjoh
03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=633662&sku=S203-2100

I just bought two of these monitors. A little bit more than the FP's, but they were rated as the best monitor on the market. Less eye strain...

The Yugoslavian
03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
Yes, they're better. But not 1.5x better.

Although Raptor has mad bank so the extra $$ prolly doesn't matter to him, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
, I'm supposed to be working!

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiousity, what exactly is it that you do yugo???? i always assumed mason paid you to post in order to make everyone here feel better about themselves. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

must be kinda tough having suited step on your toes this week, huh?

raptor517
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
i think hes a gigolo, but i could be wrong /images/graemlins/wink.gif bwahahahahahha

SuitedPair
03-31-2005, 10:08 PM
9X Media Multi-Screens (http://www.9xmedia.com/pages-Build_a_system/X-Top_Design_a_system-Configurations.html)

raptor517
03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
well, you know, i thought about it, but i think that may be just a few too many sngs to play at one time, but what do i know? meh.

SuitedSixes
03-31-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiousity, what exactly is it that you do yugo???? i always assumed mason paid you to post in order to make everyone here feel better about themselves. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

LeVoodoo
03-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Total n00b question, forgive me. Do you still use a single mouse when you have dual (or quad) monitors? If so, how does the cursor go from one monitor to the other? Holla in advance.

raptor517
03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
lol, its all good bro. yea i just use one mouse. the computer thinks that the resolution changes to 3200x1200, so its like one really wide monitor. holla

BradleyT
04-01-2005, 12:20 AM
MX510 mouse - it's high performance.

Cordless mice suck, they're heavy and jittery.

EdgePort
04-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Anyone have a good suggestion for a video card to use for thsi setup?

johnnybeef
04-01-2005, 03:05 AM
i think this is something like the setup phil ivey uses when he plays online....not to say that he plays a ton of tables, rather, he sits on the couch in the living room and plays tables that are big enough to see from across the room.

DonButtons
04-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I think phil ivey just plays off his big screen tv (card player article), but he also mentioned that he has two set ups. I was playing in the full tilt 10/20 nl game, and he stopped by for 10 min, and said he was going to a different room to use another computer because he cant chat good with the observers on one of them?

johnnybeef
04-01-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think phil ivey just plays off his big screen tv (card player article), but he also mentioned that he has two set ups. I was playing in the full tilt 10/20 nl game, and he stopped by for 10 min, and said he was going to a different room to use another computer because he cant chat good with the observers on one of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats where i read it. maybe it was his tv.

TheUsher
04-01-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erick Lindgren has the same setup on multiple plasmas... I think this was mentioned in Bluff.

The Yugoslavian
04-01-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you click on my name you'll find out what I do, /images/graemlins/wink.gif. But here's a longer version:

I work in advertising as an Account Executive (client's bitch) for Campbell Mithun (top 25 agency in the US). Their HQ is in Minneapolis but have a satellite office in Orange County mainly to work on Verizon Wireless' West Coast marketing communcations. I worked @ the MN office for a year and then got myself hooked up in Cali (I'm originally from Oakland, CA - so it made sense for many reasons).

I'm in a better place and actually enjoy (*gasp*) my job, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

It is a very stop n go atmosphere so since I'm an uber-expert poster (/images/graemlins/grin.gif), I can usually get a fair amount in while working on several different projects at once and making client calls (yes, all at the same time! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

Yugoslav
PS Who thinks raptor's new avatar is sweet?!
PPS I do!!! That's who b*tches!

raptor517
04-01-2005, 03:22 PM
bwahahahahaha. quit yer crappy job and 8 table the 109s with me. holla