PDA

View Full Version : bottom set, how's my line?

madscout
03-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Villain is nothing special, haven't seen him get too aggresive yet. My image is slighly loose and aggresive overall. We both have ~100bb stacks.

Villain raises 3xbb from ep, I'm the only caller in lp with 55.

flop: 5c 8s Jh

Villain bets the 4bb, I raise to 10bb.
Villain calls after little thought.

Turn: Ac

Villain insta-pushes. I think until my time is up and fold.

His insta-push on the turn led me to believe JJ or AA, probably JJ because it was as if he had already made up his mind he was pushing the turn no matter what.

Is this a standard fold against a relatively unknown generic opponent?

Thanks,
mad

BobboFitos
03-31-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is this a standard fold against a relatively unknown generic opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

no,it's a bad fold

swolfe
03-31-2005, 05:55 PM
i'd call. it's more likely he had AK/AQ/AJ...

etgryphon
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
I dunno...I think I'm calling this. This looks like KK or QQ to me or maybe AJ with the two pair hit.

I think you are seeing monsters.

-Gryph

DasLeben
03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Ugh. Yeah, I don't like that fold at all. You need to have a crystal clear read on that guy to put him on aces or jacks like that.

ScottTheFish
03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
If you never folded a set when there are no possible made straights or flushes for the rest of your life you'd be close to optimal I'm guessing.

Seriously the only thing that beats you is a bigger set. You can't call raises with small PP if you aren't willing to the felt on uncoordinated boards like this one.

I think AJ is his most likely hand, if he has AA or JJ he's getting paid, that's poker.

madscout
03-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Consensus: I'm weak. No but seriously, thanks for the responses everyone!

~madscout

soLit
03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
hes holding a/k 100% for sure!!!!!!!!!! and maybe a/q or a/j

Los Feliz Slim
03-31-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hes holding a/k 100% for sure!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I thought, except with fewer exclamation points.

TrailofTears
03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Ugh is right. Look at your read from his perspective. If he is holding JJ, then he knows he has you crushed on the flop and smooth calls. Why is he shoving it in on the turn and giving you the opportunity to make a fold when he has to know he has you crushed? Same thing for AA, there is no reason for him to push you out with such a monster. He would check-raise for sure, if he even raised you on the turn. For christ's sake, he still has the chance to extract another 75bb from you if he doesn't force you out.

There is virtually no way he has JJ or AA here. Beat him in the pot here and drag a nice one.

-Trail