PDA

View Full Version : Sites for Pocket PC

BoogerFace
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone know of any sites that support a Pocket PC client?

This would be most helpful when I travel - I've sworn off laptops.

Thanks,

-Matt

ttw22
03-31-2005, 05:27 PM
No sites support Pocket PCs, although I guess there's a slight chance that you could make a java interface (like PokerRoom) work, but that would be tough.

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know of any sites that support a Pocket PC client?

This would be most helpful when I travel - I've sworn off laptops.

Thanks,

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

pocket pc = like a palm? or one of these new phones?

there was a thread here last week on the phones and i'm pretty certain it was pokerroom.com doing it. maybe this will work with a palm as well?

email pokerroom

BoogerFace
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I got a Dell Axim (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=X50624&s=dhs) - it's like a Windows palm with a VGA screen. It's very cool for a device that fits in your shirt pocket.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give pokerroom a shot tonight.

Bulbarainey
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
i think pokerroom would work, if it doesnt work on the standard pocket IE, give a third party browser a try...

lumpy19
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I mysely just snagged a Dell Axim the other day. I pulled up pokerroom and checked my account balances and did some other random surfing but I can't imagine being able to actually play poker on it, I didn't try though.

ttw22
04-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh! While showering last night (I do my best thinking in the bathroom usually, it seems), I thought of a possible solution. You could use WinXP pro's remote desktop to log into your desktop PC and play poker on there. You might have trouble seeing the whole table, but you could work around that.

The PokerRoom phone thing, as far as I know, is just for certain models of mobile phones, and is just for practice, not against real people. And, unfortunately, my phone is not one of the supported models.

BoogerFace
04-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I might try the remote desktop thing, the whole experience was a total bust.

I wasn't able to open an account or play. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

They apparently do have a PDA client in the works - I'll have to wait for that.