PDA

View Full Version : Is this standard, passive weak, or just one of those hands

cjx
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd describe the table as passive, MP is seeing any two, and the Button is seeing any two and likes to bluff EVERY chance he gets. Button has mostly been trying to bluff in heads-up situations, but he's pretty bad, I could certainly see him bluff here too.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

This felt wrong given the amount of aggression I've been putting forth lately. Should I bet and hope that button raises here? I think he'd be much more inclined to call (and he would definitely not fold) if I bet. So, it's coming back around to me, closing the action, 14 sb.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Blah, I've got a one card gut shot to the top side and here comes the betting back to me ~10.50 BB. I still think my ace outs might be good.

River: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Eh, check through is fine with me.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results for fun since the river play isn't really important I don't think.
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6c 8h (two pair, eights and sixes).
MP has Jh 4s (one pair, fours).
Hero has Th As (high card, ace).
Button has 2c 7c (high card, king).
Outcome: BB wins 11.50 BB. </font>

RunDownHouse
03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
If you're going to pay a bet on the flop, might as well bet out yourself. You don't mind the button bluff-raising and shutting the field out because, if he's on a bluff, you're definitely ahead. So I'd bet the flop: even one fold could really help you out, and if the button raises on a bluff, you're more likely to get a bunch of folds and still be ahead, for the price of 1BB.

After the flop, no complaints.