PDA

View Full Version : Mini View Mod at Party?

keikiwai
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know of a mini view mod at Party? Anyone clever enough to pull it off?

I did some searches but found nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter.

fundmyhabit
03-31-2005, 04:18 PM
i'm not aware of any such animal.

philnewall
03-31-2005, 04:49 PM
I heard talk of such a thing, and i think it's possible, but i don't have one.

Freakin
03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is possible, but extremely impractical without using API calls to "push" buttons in the party windows. I know almost nothing about programming, but it seems that would be the way to do it. Party could have problems with that. You could parse the HHF as it is written and use your own program to display the cards. Betting/raising would be easy in limit, but it may be more difficult in NL.

Freakin

david050173
03-31-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is possible, but extremely impractical without using API calls to "push" buttons in the party windows. I know almost nothing about programming, but it seems that would be the way to do it. Party could have problems with that. You could parse the HHF as it is written and use your own program to display the cards. Betting/raising would be easy in limit, but it may be more difficult in NL.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Programming wise this is easy ( to push buttons and read HH) the more complex issues are a) how comfortable would you be either distributing or using this program where a misclick can cost the player money and b) what does party think? This program will look just like a bot....

handsome
03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I created a miniview type thing after I made my bot (it's basically the same, without it making the actions FOR you) so that I could play 12-16 tables at a time.. But the interface is so plain-looking that I stopped using it after a day. Playing on Party/skin clients is irreplacable. Hopefully someone else will come out with one that looks like UB's miniview, or if anyone wants to collab with me and design the GUI, I'd be willing to put out my program (would most likely have a registration fee) and share any profits. (if this is against the T&C, please remove it)

Greg J
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I created a miniview type thing after I made my bot...

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how this is mentioned as in passing. Nice first post -- welcome to the zoo. Now go away!

Did yr bot at least thank you?

Freakin
03-31-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I created a miniview type thing after I made my bot...

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how this is mentioned as in passing. Nice first post -- welcome to the zoo. Now go away!

Did yr bot at least thank you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a first post, just a namechange (Don't want to out him if he doesn't want to be(though I could have sworn he made a post talkign about it beforehand)).

Freakin

handsome
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a first post, just a namechange (Don't want to out him if he doesn't want to be(though I could have sworn he made a post talkign about it beforehand)).

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Freakin. Anyway, Greg.. I was making a reference to the previous post to point out that the difference between a miniview-type program and a bot is that a bot makes decisions for you. If you were not so blind-sighted by that word, you would have seen this and not acted in such haste to make me feel unwelcomed. Not trying to make you feel bad but you shouldn't jump on my bones just because I made a bot. No hard feelings?

Anyhow, the point of my response was just to state that a mini-view mod would be easy to program, but not worth using unless you wanted to lose the "playing poker on Partypoker" effect.

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
but you shouldn't jump on my bones just because I made a bot

why not???

your bot is a huge threat to us. did you want a martini and a blowjob when you mentioned it?

Greg J
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I can admit when I'm wrong. I read the word bot and stopped reading. Should not have done that.

NoTalent
03-31-2005, 07:49 PM
What about the other guy who said he made a saapbo clone and was happy that he could "Destroy Sit-n-go's" by releasing his code if he wanted.

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 08:24 PM
when the saabpo posts showed up that day, i was mildly amused that so many 2+2ers would think it was a bot.

i joined the rail and watched and while it seemed very mechanical, i was 100% certain is was not a bot.

the reason i was so certain was because people said this bot was holding its own and even making some money at NL. i have been under the impression that the only bot that could win was the heads-up poki LHE bot.

then 3 days ago, someone posted an email from empire that said not only had the account been closed but all the money had been seized.

until i saw that email i was still certain that we were not witnessing any bot. now i see that empire came within inches of actually admitting it, but i interpret that email as an admission.

stories on AI will discourage fish if it becomes prevalent. mods that don't act for you, but are capable of acting for you with a few tweaks are close enough to be a bot that i find them a threat as well.

after AI scares off the fish, you will have bot teams sharing information and they will come through and finish off the rest of us. perhaps many feel that my views on AI are overly paranoid.

i would have been the first to agree until i saw the empire email.

oscark
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I know a little less than nothing about programming. However, the amount of money the site operators have to lose is almost beyond comprehension.

Admittedly, at the moment Party and skin management seem incapable at best. Once this becomes a real revenue effecting problem, I predict the sites will scramble for a solution. Party made as much as $500mm last year. You are telling me that if they throw $100mm or more at the problem, no one can come up with a bot killer?

_2000Flushes
03-31-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you want a martini and a blowjob when you mentioned it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think he meant by "jump my bones"?

-2kF

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 09:26 PM
http://www.geocities.com/mikesxyton/pictures/makersme.jpg

new houseboy?

_2000Flushes
03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

new houseboy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sort of. His parents owed me some money.

-2kF

Alobar
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Freakin. Anyway, Greg.. I was making a reference to the previous post to point out that the difference between a miniview-type program and a bot is that a bot makes decisions for you. If you were not so blind-sighted by that word, you would have seen this and not acted in such haste to make me feel unwelcomed. Not trying to make you feel bad but you shouldn't jump on my bones just because I made a bot. No hard feelings?

Anyhow, the point of my response was just to state that a mini-view mod would be easy to program, but not worth using unless you wanted to lose the "playing poker on Partypoker" effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? thats not what it looked like...and if it was no biggy why the name change? Maybe cuz you realize you are a tool. And IMO, so is freakin for hiding your sorry ass.

oh, and if anyone replies to this post negatively, ill just make a response that says something to the effect of "Im sorry that you saw the word tool and immediately thought negative thoughts, i was mearly pointing out something that I wasnt really pointing out"

In the words of someone really famous

"fu[/i]ck off"

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
i hate not knowing a damn thing you are talking about.

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

new houseboy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sort of. His parents owed me some money.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

do i see a rifle?

Soleo
04-01-2005, 04:16 AM
I don't think 3rd side mini-view is possible at all for Party. I say this because I suspect that you can't send click command to button in minimized window. And if Party windows are not minimized then it's not "mini-view" already.