PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts Issue

Degen
03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Greetings,

I'll attempt to be as vague as possible with this question so as to not incriminate myself or people who reply:

I've read that it is possible to use multiple accounts in order to get a portion of your rake returned to you and also to play more tables than the maximum allowed.

The question is what one should do if there is negative action taking by the site or by their PAYment PROcessing service and the account is temporarily frozen and they request to speak to the account holder.

The problem being that when one does this they are obviously not using their own name and possibly even using a name of a person who is of a different sex than they are.

Any tips, suggestions or other experiences with this would be much appreciated.

Feel free to PM me if that is a better forum, or PM me for my email address if that would work better. I'm quite concned about this, obviously.

Best,

Degen

citanul
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
for this reason, god invented party skins.

additionally, you could just give up say a tiny % of the rakeback you could get by self referring and go through a large vendor, which would also fix this problem.

thirdly, surely you must like, know the person you used. using your mom was a bad pick. now admit to your mom that you're a degenerate gambler, and hopefully she'll help you out getting the money back. otherwise, one hopes you know someone of the sex of the name you wrote down.

in short: try not to get into this situation. if you do, lie, if the money means anything to you.

citanul

Scuba Chuck
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in short: try not to get into this situation. if you do, lie, if the money means anything to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: Citnaul meant to say...

in short: try not to get into this situation. if you do, bluff, if the money means anything to you.

citanul
03-31-2005, 04:27 PM
oh, yeah, forgot this was a poker forum for a second.

yeah bluff, that's it.

citanul

beeyjay
03-31-2005, 05:10 PM
i use my real name and what i think is my real sex on all my accounts

Degen
03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
eh? which site?

some have limits of one account per person

Degen

rohjoh
03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Party Poker has a limit of 1 account per person. I opened a second account, in my wifes name, because she is such a fan of poker, but I used the same email address as my account. They froze the account, saying I had two accounts. My wife had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get her account unfrozen, including faxing an ID and utility bill. Hopefully you used a name of someone that exsists.

skipperbob
03-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Daliman sounds just like my wife on the telephone; except a little less shrill & not quite so convinced that everything I do is wrong /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Degen
03-31-2005, 05:47 PM
ouch

Degen

Degen
03-31-2005, 07:59 PM
bump