PDA

View Full Version : Im Stuck!!

MyMoney4U
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Well folks, this will be my first post on 2+2.
I have been playing .50/1 on Party for several months now and am a bit better than a break even player.

Read WLLH and I want more. Also purchased HPFAP, TOP and recently SSH. All three of them completely boggled me.

Things like EV and Equity just confuse the living heck out of me. The concepts are just not broken down Barney Style enough for me to grasp them but I sure want to!!

I surf the micro limits forum here and it as well is usually over my head.

So where do I go?
I want to learn these concepts and strengthen my game but I need a resource that will help me get a grasp these concepts in a slightly simplified fashion before I can benefit from all this wonderful reading material I have purchased.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Mike

playersare
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
if you understand WLLH but think SSH is too complicated, then a good middle book might be Internet Texas Hold Em (ITH) by Matthew Hilger. The original "Hold Em Poker" by Sklansky is definitely worth a read as well.

RacersEdge
03-31-2005, 04:02 PM
It sounds like a basic probabilty book that explans EV and variance would help you some. There are a lot out there that are easy to read - "Statistics for Managers", "Statistics for Dummies", etc.

Noly
03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
There is alot of good info under microlimits. The first post I think. Also, when I had trouble first understanding the statistics, I just went to a play money room and practiced working the numbers out until I understood. Soon enough it will just dawn on you. good luck.

OrianasDaad
04-01-2005, 02:35 AM
If you ignore the rest of the book, Winner's Guide to Texas Holdem by Ken Warren has some rather excellent examples of EV for beginners from pages 80-83.

The rest of the book is not so good, however.

MyMoney4U
04-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Thanx for the good tips.
I gotta say, I was pretty nervous posting on these forums for my first time, especially posting saying I'm clueless.

Got a good few useful friendly replies. Sure is a nice start to making me feel welcome.

It's rare to find a public forum with so many cool and helpful people.

Thanx guys!!

TomHimself
04-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I really enjoyed "harrington on holdem"
it was a very good book

Greg J
04-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I think you should just not be afraid to ask newb ass questions on the micro forum. If something is over yr head, just ask us to explain it. We are actually a pretty friendly bunch there beleive it or not.

MyMoney4U
04-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanx Greg!!