PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for book or chart to learn odds of making specific hands?

Scorpius
03-31-2005, 03:18 PM
I am fairly new to Omaha/8. Can anyone recommend a book or chart or article that gives odds or formula for calculating odds of making certain hands (i.e., flush, full house, straight, etc.) based on your starting cards and what comes up on the board (flop, and then turn card)??? Thanks.

GooperMC
03-31-2005, 09:03 PM
The easiest way is by calculating your "outs". Count the amount of cards that will make your hand then
- multiply by 2 to see the percentage on then turn specifically or the river specifically
- multiply by 4 to see the percentage you will make you hand on either the turn or the river

This is an inexact science but most of the time it is close enough. If you are still interested I have the specific percentages at home so I can post them whenever I am home next.

LockForward
03-31-2005, 09:05 PM
This Lou Krieger article was good (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=13913&m_id=88)
Has a nice chart as well

GooperMC
03-31-2005, 10:42 PM
These are for Hold 'em. O8 and Omaha will be a little different (you know 7 cards on the flop instead of 5).