PDA

View Full Version : How do you steal here?

RandomFluke
03-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi hi.

So you've just managed to claw your way to the money after 4 hours of being card dead and never once seeing AA or KK. The average stack is 65k and you have 76k. Blinds have just gone up from a tolerable 2k/4k to an uncomfortable 3k/6k with 300 ante.

It is folded to you in the SB and you hold QJs. My first question, is it better to try to steal here, or to limp? Stealing will come close to making you pot commited.

So I decided to try a steal here anyway, I bet 15k leaving me with 60. BB had 85k, and called. Flop came K37 rainbow, totally missing me. I decided to bet out for 12k, BB smooth called. Turn comes 2. Now at this point I'm pretty sure I'm beat, but not positive. I have 48k left and there is 56700 in the pot.

The more I think about this hand the worse I feel about how I played it. How do you play this one? Should I have limped and tried to steal it on the flop instead of trying to steal pre?

schwza
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
with these stack sizes, i will complete just about any 2 and then bet any flop. the problem is that you don't have enough to make a continuation bet on the flop w/o being a-i. i'd need at least KJ to open-raise here.

adanthar
03-31-2005, 07:29 PM
I think I probably just push here PF.