PDA

View Full Version : My name is Bunky, and I'm an open limper.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I knew that would get your attention. Open limping is one of my pet peeves, but I did it today under what I thought were the right circumstances.

The Game: 10-20 6 max.

The players:

UTG Bunky LAG <*)))>< that is a chip spewing machine and has NO respect at this table. Stuck around 400 and everyone is noticing.

MP very loose very passive will see every flop even for a raise, loose on the flop but tends to give up on the turn unless they have a pair or a good draw and this includes bottom pair no kicker.

CO Decent, tight, and not involved in many pots.

Button, really really bad limps 24s UTG and in MP and will play ne2 sutied even for a raise. Calls down, a lot.

SB- tight and reasonable solid. Not 22 elite quality, but this cat is a winner in the game. Not afraid, and will not back down. semi bluffs a lot but haven't seen a pure bluff.

BB loose, predictable, but not horrible. not very aggro.

Bunky has 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG and LIMPS /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MP calls (what else is new) CO folds, button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

5 to the flop.
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, MP calls, button calls, SB raises, I smooth call, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Sb bets, I call, MP folds, button raises, Sb calls, I three bet (you can hear the squealing brakes), button folds, SB calls.

River 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, I bet.

Anyone else play fast on the flop? I tought I played the flop like a Nancy but wanted to see a non spade turn and lay the hammer down. Thoughts? Open limp UTG in this game? I usually raise it for what thats worth.

jcmack13
03-31-2005, 02:32 PM
HIII BUNKY!

Danenania
03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
I like PF under right circumstances. I'd 3-bet the flop.

Grisgra
03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
I think if you open-raise UTG with 55 at most 10/20 tables you're just asking for trouble, but I'm not one of those elite 2+2 10/20 players, so what do I know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think it's nuts to open-raise there with QJo too . . .

Re your play:

1) Who cares if it's 10/20, you've got enough loose-passive donks in front of you (or is it behind you?) to ol here.
2) Flop: Oh the pain. This is really close for me . . . given that it's a checkraise from the SB, I 3-bet here, as the SB will lead the turn and raising the turn chases everyone out and doesn't get you more money, but you can't rely on a turn raise after you act.

You got very very lucky in that the button raised that turn IMO.

MAxx
03-31-2005, 03:00 PM
limp looks good.

i'd play the flop fast

question- why did you just call the turn lead before 3betting the button raise? i would not have thought to do that one.

DrGutshot
03-31-2005, 03:27 PM
preflop is fine

jam the flop, jam the turn, jam the river. the turn call-3bet worked out well, but don't expect it to go so well very often. If you had rammed the flop, the person with the ace on the turn might raise thinking you dont have it, then you can really get some money in there.

-DrG

SCfuji
03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
considering that your usual line is playing a set rather powerfully i dont think it would be bad to play this set the way you did especially with a couple people that most likely have notes on you. your turn gamble worked out nicely, but id like to hear more about this street... how often does either the button or mp have to raise behind for this trick to be profitable? im guessing 1/3 to 1/2 the time but im not very good at these number things. but i think mp being very passive makes this a bit riskier than usual.

nice hand fish

btspider
03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
i don't like the turn call given those passive reads.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
considering that your usual line is playing a set rather powerfully i dont think it would be bad to play this set the way you did especially with a couple people that most likely have notes on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me anything but predictable.

[ QUOTE ]
your turn gamble worked out nicely, but id like to hear more about this street...

[/ QUOTE ]

I smelled a turn raise coming. Can't explain it really, I got a bit lucky. Sixth spidey sense was working today for some reason, probably why people who drew to their runner runners never got a bet in when the did hit them.

[ QUOTE ]
how often does either the button or mp have to raise behind for this trick to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty darn often, I didn't think MP was gonna raise, but I thought he would call being that he called the flop. I was hoping the button would raise. Turns out he did, welcome to call/three bets ville.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jam the flop, jam the turn, jam the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my usual line. with this crowd I wanted to smack them around for some good money on the turn, worked out okay.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Well quite obviously my hand is good. I made a major mistake by not raising the turn straight away. I got greedy and I got very lucky the button raised, i don't make the same mistake twice and decided to three bet right there.

Sometime I jam the flop, but sometimes I jam the turn. It's probably 70% flop/30% turn. I don't know what I was thinking here, but hopefully they hae notes on me from that hand now. Fancy play Bunky.

Trix
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
I´m 3betting the flop, those two guys sounds like they would like to see the turn regardless.