PDA

View Full Version : KJo out of position caught with my hand in the cookie jar.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Party 10-20 6 max. Awesome Game. I'm stucking in the game between 100-600 at any given time and its a real roller coaster. 2 runner runner naked flush draws have recently stung me and I'm still keeping the pressure, but, may raises are having a lot less respect than normal. Villain in this hand is one of the more solid players at the table and is the type who will semi bluff but he can call down light.

BB is a loose tard who is spewing chips by calling constantly.

Anywho, PF and flop play are all kina suspect. So I'm putting it to the Jury.

Bunky is SB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to CO who raises, button folds, Bunky calls, BB calls.

Flop T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Bunky checks, BB checks, Co bets, I raise, BB folds, Co three bets, I call.

(Oaky, 2 overs and a gutshot draw, doesnt look good to a three bet, but its more likely CO is an a draw than a Ten as he would wait to pop the turn in most instances) I could very well be ahead here.

Turn Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Bet your ass I'm ahead now. I check, CO bets, I check raise. Co calls.

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet.

Please critique PF and flop. Stop and go on the turn would freeze him up so thats not an option. Comments please.

MAxx
03-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Well the turn and river look perfect.

I'm not really currently up on the blind structure, so I abstain.

The flop cr doesntly look like a terrible play, and you cannot like getting 3 bet here.... but once you do... you gotta call the 3bet as you are now getting odds or near odds + implied odds to peel a 4outer on the turn.

Nice catch on the turn.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the turn and river look perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice I didnt say critique the turn and river. I knew they were golden.

[ QUOTE ]
The flop cr doesntly look like a terrible play,

[/ QUOTE ]

its a great play if it can make him lay down say 55 or 66 or another PP, I could literally have anything there from the SB so My C/R could be a 9 a T, a draw, I probably would have led out with hearts though.

His three bet narrows it down a bit, but not much actually, he's a TAG so he'll three bet draws for free cards and such as well. Obviously I have to call the three bet with my whack draw and overs. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

turnipmonster
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
I like reraisinng PF I think.

bunky9590
03-31-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like reraisinng PF I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

That thought occurred to me, but I cant fold out BB (not even for 2 cold), Id rather call in this case and try to outplay someone postflop (albeit out of position) . I can usually do that if I hit a four out miracle though. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MAxx
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
yeah, i was being kind of sarcastic on the turn and river comment... but didnt deliver it.

and that word doesntly- was meant to be the word doesn't. so the statement was meant to read that the flop cr wasnt bad.

the hand looks well played.

doesnt the 1/2 structure make it more correct to call hands like KJ from the SB than in the 2/5 structure?

this would be a hand that I 3bet a button steal raise, and would be close to doing against a co... but in the 1/2 structur against a co and a loose BB.... I think your call pf is good. i'm just guessing...... maybe someone else will provide something more substancial.

stinkypete
03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
i play it the same.

Alobar
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I like it bunky. Normally this is a 3 bet for me preflop, but given your image and the table read, I like just calling here better.

Flop, I like (and is standard IMO). I doubt you get him to lay down something like 55 or 66 as with this board, he likely doesnt give you credit for a hand with all the draws that are out. But You've likely got a ton of outs against him and the turn gives you alot of cards that might scare him into folding should you miss, there are also lots of hand youd like to see the BB ditch here. Getting 3 bet sucks, but doesnt nessasarily mean much here.

Turn and river are a DUH /images/graemlins/smile.gif