PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a stop n go....

EverettKings
03-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1125)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t1480)
UTG (t455)
MP (t3105)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I push.

I didn't really know how to deal with the min raise. I hadn't been paying complete attention so I didn't remember him doing it before.

My plan was to take a flop, and checkraise all in if I liked it. Turns out it came up babies, and I figured I could get him off AT, KQ, maybe 33 or 55.

Thoughts?

-Kings

pooh74
03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1125)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t1480)
UTG (t455)
MP (t3105)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I push.

I didn't really know how to deal with the min raise. I hadn't been paying complete attention so I didn't remember him doing it before.

My plan was to take a flop, and checkraise all in if I liked it. Turns out it came up babies, and I figured I could get him off AT, KQ, maybe 33 or 55.

Thoughts?

-Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough one...on one hand, its a min raise, on the other, its 1/6th of your stack and you call with a mediocre holding...Id fold this PF and let the bigstack steal here and Id pick on someone my own size to stay competitive in this SNG.

As far as the flop goes, its a 50/50...I see a lot of big stacks minraise MP with med/low pairs...if thats the case, you're in trouble on this flop depending on how he sees your play (maybe he assumes you called with a monster).

As far as over cards, I think you might be able to get him out here but I just dont like this hand to make you move with. Its highly borderline and probably -EV long term.

EverettKings
03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
What if my hand were KJ? KQ? 77?

Push these?

pooh74
03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if my hand were KJ? KQ? 77?

Push these?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldve been more clear. I dont think it matters all that much what YOU are holding once the flop has fallen...the questions is, is this the holding PF you wanna take all the way, and do you have enough chips to get him off of a hand...

One question i should ask, what was the climate before this hand? What was villain doing before this? Many minraises? lots of steals? Any reads IOW?