PDA

View Full Version : A cry for web help... (cross post to Internet Forum)

ElSapo
03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
About a month ago, I started a website for some photography, painting and writing I do, at www.TeamWetDog.com (http://www.TeamWetDog.com) ... initially, things went well. I ripped the code for a blog-type site from the Open Source Web Design site, used FrontPage for the galleries, and things were running in no time.

Since then, I've become more and more frustrated with the process. Lacking much (any) background in web design work, I don't particularly know what I'm doing. The result is that I don't feel like I can control what people are actually seeing. The page looks dramatically different on different sized monitors, with text wrap and line breaks happening in different places.

This isn't so much a specific question as a general request for direction -- any thoughts on where to go for web resources? Better code I can steal? How to keep people seeing the same thing?

I'm to the point where I've considered paying a designer, but when you factor in how often I want to update it and make changes, this doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd be better served doing something on my own, and ultimately understanding it better. But at this point I'm competely open to suggestions...

Any help always appreciated...

Robert

moondogg
03-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Look into DotNetNuke or PHP-Nuke.

You'll probably need a web developer to set them up, but you then can update all the content yourself.