PDA

View Full Version : Its dangerous to upset conservatives...a warning

xadrez
03-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Think twice before you discuss your liveral political leanings, even if its with someone you trust

web page (http://www.news4jax.com/news/4333519/detail.html)

(Oh, and to the resident conservatives on this board, before you start ranting, please reference your responses to this thread from a while back) ---> web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1895790&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
It surely had more to do with their relationship issues than politics (the straw on the camel's back). Now, if it were a complete stranger....

xadrez
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It surely had more to do with their relationship issues than politics (the straw on the camel's back).

[/ QUOTE ]

You ascertained this from a 500 word article? How? You have no way to assert this other than merely speculating.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if it were a complete stranger....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you saying that a complete stranger attacking someone over political views is somehow more insane than assaulting an aquaintance?

Dead
03-31-2005, 12:59 PM
BGC is just the resident apologist for wacko Republicans. Pay him no mind.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Learn to read.

[ QUOTE ]
Defense attorney Michael Salnick said the teenagers' sometimes-volatile relationship became violent when Soper learned Silveira planned to vote for Kerry instead of President George W. Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

The CLEAR impression is that the relationship was not exactly stable.

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It surely had more to do with their relationship issues than politics (the straw on the camel's back).

[/ QUOTE ]

You ascertained this from a 500 word article? How? You have no way to assert this other than merely speculating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been in a 2 year relationship? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BGC is just the resident apologist for wacko Republicans. Pay him no mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not suprised you were unable to comprehend the words written in the article. Let me point to the spot where its clear this was a troubled relationship...

[ QUOTE ]
Defense attorney Michael Salnick said the teenagers' sometimes-volatile relationship became violent when Soper learned Silveira planned to vote for Kerry instead of President George W. Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Are you excusing his behavior?

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you excusing his behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, but I don't think the root cause of his behavior was his political affiliation, I think it was something else that was triggered by his IRRATIONAL anger over how some girl was voting.

xadrez
03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Learn to read

[/ QUOTE ].

Nice response. Your debating prowess is on par with a retarded ameoba.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Clear", I dont think so. "Sometimes volatile" does not imply anything. It could mean they argued a lot. The fact is we have no idea what went on in their personal lives, other than one of them is in prison for assault.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Learn to read

[/ QUOTE ].

Nice response. Your debating prowess is on par with a retarded ameoba.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Clear", I dont think so. "Sometimes volatile" does not imply anything. It could mean they argued a lot. The fact is we have no idea what went on in their personal lives, other than one of them is in prison for assault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice retort ostrich. Typical Liberal thought process...

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cannot see the point I was making, I feel sorry for you.

xadrez
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Dead, did you really just notify the moderator because jaxmike called me an "ostrich"?

If so, I called him a retarded ameoba or something which provoked his response, so unless its for something else Im unaware of then its a little extreme dont you think?

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:23 PM
No, I just did it so that hopefully someone can take a look at his other posts.

The ostrich comment was actually funny but some of the attacks that he is posting in other threads are not.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dead, did you really just notify the moderator because jaxmike called me an "ostrich"?

If so, I called him a retarded ameoba or something which provoked his response, so unless its for something else Im unaware of then its a little extreme dont you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nothing I don't expect from him.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The ostrich comment was actually funny but some of the attacks that he is posting in other threads are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

My saying that I think you are an anti-Semite is not an attack, its my opinion, and it's based on your comments.

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My saying that I think you are an anti-Semite is not an attack, its my opinion, and it's based on your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is too a personal attack!

If you can show me a post that I have made which conclusively proves that I am anti-semitic then I will back down. You won't find one.

Attacking the Israeli government is not anti-semitic any more than attacking the US government is Anti-American.

No one called the Republicans anti-American when they criticized the policies of Clinton in Africa.

And I am Jewish. I know a hell of a lot more about anti-semitism than you ever will.

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is too a personal attack!

If you can show me a post that I have made which conclusively proves that I am anti-semitic then I will back down. You won't find one.

Attacking the Israeli government is not anti-semitic any more than attacking the US government is Anti-American.

No one called the Republicans anti-American when they criticized the policies of Clinton in Africa.

And I am Jewish. I know a hell of a lot more about anti-semitism than you ever will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, your ideology, and posts lead me to conclude that in my personal opinion you are anti-American and anti-Semitic. That's all. It's a personal opinion. It's not any one thing you wrote, its the whole body of "work".

You might not like that I feel this way, but there's not much you can do about it. The vibe that I get from you is what I expressed, nothing more. I have called you unintelligent and ignorant on many occasions following posts that I felt were poorly written, thought out, and/or supported, this is more of a personal attack than my opinions of you are. My goal is not to offend you, my goal, which I feel is destined to fail, is to educate you, among others, as to how you have been indoctrinated/brainwashed by the media/education machine in this country.

They ban me or something, that's fine, I am used to being censored for unpopular beliefs, doesn't make them right or wrong for doing it. Honestly, I don't care. I enjoy the banter, and don't take anything personally no matter how hard some may try to make it personal. Afterall, this is an internet politics forum, and that should say enough.

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You ascertained this from a 500 word article? How? You have no way to assert this other than merely speculating

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost as impressive as your ability to imply that any conservative has the potential to violently attack you if you tell them you are a liberal.

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not any one thing you wrote, its the whole body of "work".

[/ QUOTE ]

People usually say this when they can't produce proof. If my posts were really anti-semitic in nature, then you would have no problem producing a post that proves it.

[ QUOTE ]
You might not like that I feel this way, but there's not much you can do about it. The vibe that I get from you is what I expressed, nothing more. I have called you unintelligent and ignorant on many occasions following posts that I felt were poorly written, thought out, and/or supported, this is more of a personal attack than my opinions of you are. My goal is not to offend you, my goal, which I feel is destined to fail, is to educate you, among others, as to how you have been indoctrinated/brainwashed by the media/education machine in this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Please don't patronize me

2) You think that my posts are written poorly? Please look at your own.

[ QUOTE ]
Afterall, this is an internet politics forum, and that should say enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it is an internet politics forum does not mean that you should be allowed to constantly attack users personally.

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
I've always been curious, what is the difference between an anti-semitic Jew and a self-hating Jew?

xadrez
03-31-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Almost as impressive as your ability to imply that any conservative has the potential to violently attack you if you tell them you are a liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vulturesrow, you have miscontrued the meaning of my post.

I was attempting to juxstapose this article with the one posted a couple weeks back implying liberals would attack you on site for sporting a Bush sticker on their cars.

Dead
03-31-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always been curious, what is the difference between an anti-semitic Jew and a self-hating Jew?

[/ QUOTE ]

No difference in my opinion, but I don't know why are you bringing it up, unless you believe that I am an anti-semite. If you believe that criticizing the policies of the Israeli government makes me anti-semitic, then I can't help you.

Broken Glass Can
03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No difference in my opinion, but I don't know why are you bringing it up, unless you believe that I am an anti-semite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my post was clear about that, let me quote it: "I've always been curious"

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why are you bringing it up, unless you believe that I am an anti-semite. If you believe that criticizing the policies of the Israeli government makes me anti-semitic, then I can't help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about leaping to conclusions. You should read what people write without making wild assumptions. I can see why you get involved in these big personal arguments - you misinterpret on the fly.

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Vulturesrow, you have miscontrued the meaning of my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed I did.

[ QUOTE ]
I was attempting to juxstapose this article with the one posted a couple weeks back implying liberals would attack you on site for sporting a Bush sticker on their cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification. Id never get any exercise if it werent for jumping to conclusions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jaxmike
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
You said...

[ QUOTE ]
People usually say this when they can't produce proof. If my posts were really anti-semitic in nature, then you would have no problem producing a post that proves it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said..
[ QUOTE ]
Just about every post you have made about Israel is my evidence. You don't come out and say that you hate Jews, but your views are what leads me to that conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

and..
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever, your ideology, and posts lead me to conclude that in my personal opinion you are anti-American and anti-Semitic. That's all. It's a personal opinion. It's not any one thing you wrote, its the whole body of "work".

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, I cannot provide you with evidence because you don't believe it is evidence.

you said...
[ QUOTE ]

1) Please don't patronize me

2) You think that my posts are written poorly? Please look at your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I will do so when I feel its needed. I feel it is needed in this case.

2) Nice comeback. Predictable. Wrong. But right from the playbook of liberals...

Rule 1 of the Liberal playbook... "accuse others of that which you are".

[ QUOTE ]

Just because it is an internet politics forum does not mean that you should be allowed to constantly attack users personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may take things personally, but aside from the remarks about your "unintelligent" and "ignorant" posts there is no malice behind my words, simply opinion (I will do my best to refrain from the "unintelligent and ignorant" remarks in an effort to appease your sensibilities, even though I dread appeasment).

Another lesson you need to learn. In life (and not on an internet forum where they can ban people they don't like) you HAVE to deal with disappointment. You are NOT ENTITLED TO NOT BEING OFFENDED. And finally, the WORLD IS NOT FAIR, THERE IS NO FAIR.

xadrez
03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
vultures,
np and btw nice "gymkata" avatar

Felix_Nietsche
03-31-2005, 04:26 PM
After Drudge published a story of the PlayGirl Inc. employee getting fired for being a Bush supporter, liberals were in a panick that people would see them as intolerant....

Lucky for liberals this guy attacked his girlfriend...
In their minds this story cancels out their previous embarassment....

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vultures,
np and btw nice "gymkata" avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the most deadly martrial art. I use it on liberals all the time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif