PDA

View Full Version : against a lag

george w of poker
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
The BB must have had some kind of neurological disorder that caused him to constantly hit the bet/raise buttons. He was so laggy that if the hand had been heads up a call by me would have easily been +++ev.

However, the hand wasn't h/u and there was another bad player left to act behind me. should i call based on this info? One problem is if the button does call then i'm behind and have only 2 outs to improve. I don't know if he would have called with something like tptk after seeing me call but i'd put it at about 75% that he would. on the other hand, based on button's stats he most likely didn't have AQ, or KQ but could have limped with a pocket.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($56.77)
Hero ($156.48)
Button ($65.15)
SB ($33.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50, Button calls $3.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($12.50) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB calls $52.77 (All-In), Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: $65.27

KowCiller
03-31-2005, 12:19 PM
With the player behind you, I don't think you can call. Also, if they are bad lags, you can surely find a better spot than this to take their money.

Be patient and let this one go, you'll their stack anyway.

Good Luck.

KoW

Kaz The Original
03-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I still call this, with a guy behind me. How often had he been out right pushing on the flop? They do set you up sometimes.

george w of poker
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
If I said he makes this play 4/5 times, I would not be exagerating. I think I talked myself out of it in the name of variance also thinking like another poster pointed out that I should be patient.

EV doesn't know patience though- he was busted a few hands later and left. The hand he lost on featured the bad player behind me calling his huge overbet all in with 87o on a straight draw and winning unimproved.