PDA

View Full Version : Autocall or fold??

jah0550
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
This was a $50 SNG, if that matters. I have no idea what is the correct play here. I know that if I fold, I have next to zero FE on the next hand. Is calling the right play in this situation? If not, what range of hands do you need to call with here or is it a "call with any two" situation?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t7185)
SB (t1380)
Hero (t1435)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Final Pot: t450

The SB went all-in. What is my play here?

microbet
03-31-2005, 11:22 AM
I think you need a read here. If SB does this with any two you are 50/50 to win and it is an easy call. If SB has a large range of hands (Ax,Kx,lotta Q's,all broadway,all PPs, some suited connectors) you get to be nearly a 2 to 1 dog. Pot is giving less than 1.5 to 1. If he has been reluctant to push, you might just push the next hand and you can expect a 50/50 shot at doubling.

Close call though even if he has been reluctant because it is getting close to the time for him to pick any two.

rickr
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
As always, this is only my opinion. You are stuck, lol. With the big stack behind you, you never will have any folding equity. If he wants to gamble, your toast. I would fold this, and the SB (unless they were premium) My next button I am all-in any two. Big stack has little invested, so he may fold figuring let the 2 small stacks fight, and other stack may have crap and lay down. So you have some chance of not having to show down a hand, and you would pick up more money. With SB's all-in, he has removed all FE, and all post flop play. I want to be the aggressor with crap hands, not the caller. So I'd wait and turn the tables on him.

Later,
Rick