PDA

View Full Version : neverwin vs. catch of the day

kirisim
03-31-2005, 11:08 AM
this *is* the gossip forum, right? in that case...

2 days ago Neverwin was playing against catchoftheday (Shawn Keller) at 300/600 limit on UB. Neverwin won about $30,000 while I was watching. The next day, I chatted with Neverwin's friend Brian Micon on UB. Micon claimed that Neverwin won $170,000 from Keller. He also said that Keller probably had $500,000 on deposit at UB, so Keller was still far from being broke.

Paluka
03-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Headsup is a pretty good spot for them, because it prevents a third person from coming in and taking all the money from both of them.

Lucky
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok, i'm willing to be the idiot.

Paluka, you saying (echoing things ive heard from jv in the past) Neverwin is not solid in games other than heads up.

If thats the case, he's clearly on the worlds bigger heater.

Daliman
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
From what i hear, he swings 50k a week either direction every week.

Ulysses
03-31-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has had some insane heaters and some insane downstreaks. That is to be expected when you play like him.

Lucky
03-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I've read in his posts (yes, i've been to his site, dan druff actually rivals el diablo for insight)and neverwin claims to have swung 500bb up and 400bb (in a day)down on the 1/2 at stars.

lighterjobs
03-31-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has had some insane heaters and some insane downstreaks. That is to be expected when you play like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched him play 200/400 heads up on UB one day and he called down three hands where he couldn't beat 22 twice and 33.

GreywolfNYC
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Headsup is a pretty good spot for them, because it prevents a third person from coming in and taking all the money from both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a riot. If you've ever read some of Keller's hand histories here I'm sure this is true too.

Paluka
03-31-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a riot. If you've ever read some of Keller's hand histories here I'm sure this is true too.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=21804

srw5n
03-31-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched him play 200/400 heads up on UB one day and he called down three hands where he couldn't beat 22 twice and 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

This leads me to believe more that you do not understand the nature of heads up poker than he does not...

threeonefour
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&amp;hand=21804<br />
[/ QUOTE ]

pwned!

Daliman
04-01-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&amp;hand=21804

[/ QUOTE ]
This HH looks both awfully faked and at a minimum, a flat-out chip dump if it is real, which i doubt highly.

Ulysses
04-01-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This HH looks both awfully faked and at a minimum, a flat-out chip dump if it is real, which i doubt highly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn has commented on this hand in the past and verified that it was legit.

Paluka
04-01-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are accusing me of faking a hand history? Why don't you refund the money I lost on the hand, moron?

daryn
04-01-2005, 09:13 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

what an awesome post

daryn
04-01-2005, 09:15 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dali dali dali

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

einbert
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Paluka,

I'm sure there are some metagame considerations or specific reads of keller involved, but could you elaborate on your river check/call?

Perhaps it is just a standard line against a tough player, I really have no idea. Thanks ^^.

Paluka
04-01-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Paluka,

I'm sure there are some metagame considerations or specific reads of keller involved, but could you elaborate on your river check/call?

Perhaps it is just a standard line against a tough player, I really have no idea. Thanks ^^.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time the river check felt right, but I'm not sure why. I think I assumed that if he had a hand good enough to call me with, he would probably bet it if I checked anyway, and I wasn't going to like it if I got raised.

exeph
04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there, it was real.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are accusing me of faking a hand history? Why don't you refund the money I lost on the hand, moron?

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete and totally my mistake. For some reason, I transposed that hand with this (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&amp;hand=32193&amp;noview=y) hand.

[ QUOTE ]

100/200 No Limit at the Colorado
Jordan Berkowitz is at seat 3 with $50 000 .
Spirit Rock is at seat 7 with $250 000 .
The button is at seat 7.

Jordan Berkowitz posts the small blind of $100.
Spirit Rock posts the big blind of $200.

Jordan Berkowitz: -- --
Spirit Rock: -- --

Pre-flop:
Jordan Berkowitz raises to $1000. Spirit Rock calls.

Flop: (board: ):Ad Ah Kc

Jordan Berkowitz bets $2000. Spirit Rock raises to $5000.
Jordan Berkowitz re-raises to $12000. Spirit Rock goes
all-in for $244000. Jordan Berkowitz calls allin $37000.

Turn: (board: ):Ks

(no action in this round)

River: (board: ):Kd

(no action in this round)

Jordan Berkowitz: Yes!
Jordan Berkowitz: It's a king!
Jordan Berkowitz: I have a full house!

Showdown:
Jordan Berkowitz shows . 2h 7s
Jordan Berkowitz has : full house kings over aces.
Spirit Rock shows . As Ac
Spirit Rock has : four of a kind aces.

Hand #4061904-4842 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $100000.
Spirit Rock wins $99998 with four of a kind aces .

Spirit Rock: I always defend aces with the ace of spades .

[/ QUOTE ]

And as I look at it now, it's pretty obviously a fake, what with "The Colorado" as the table and perfect chip stacks... DUH!/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kids, let this be a lesson to you, GET YOUR SLEEP. 4 hours a day f's up yer mind!

My sincere and heartfelt apologies to those impugned in my misguided response. Title of moron accepted and earned.

But yeah, keller had MEGA gills there.

Paluka
04-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Confusing me with Jordan Berkowitz is even more insulting than accusing me of faking a hand history. And it isn't close.

Equal
04-02-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Confusing me with Jordan Berkowitz is even more insulting than accusing me of faking a hand history. And it isn't close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daliman
04-02-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be honest, I didn't even have you or anyone, really for that matter in mind. Just a brainfart. Please forgive my idiocy.

gh9801
04-02-2005, 05:58 AM
what is neverwin's website?

doppler
04-02-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is neverwin's website?

[/ QUOTE ]
neverwinpoker.com (http://www.neverwinpoker.com)

Shawn Keller
04-17-2005, 04:48 AM
I have commented about this hand before, I was playing about 6 hours deep in two full games at the time and one headsup game, and both of my full games became short at the same time, leading me to blunder badly in 80-160 against paluka, the hand is an anomaly I'm happy that no one has pointed out any other hands in the last 50000+ hands I've played in recent months, I butcher a hand this badly virtually never.

Best of luck!

Shawn "lighting" Keller

Shawn Keller
04-17-2005, 05:03 AM
I know that neverwin was playing me from several different accounts, and I did lose maybe 60k to him in one terrible 300-600 session, I've battled with neverwin many times and honestly not sure what my overall record is against him, but I certainly didn't lose 170k straight to him I've never lost that much in one session/day never lost over 100k before so he must be fudging the numbers, last time I talked to dustin he told me that he was running bad and low on funds not likely if he won 170k off of me, especially with the millions of dollars he has taken off everyone else online right guys, wink wink /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best of luck!

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
aka catchoftheday
aka chickenlittl

Mike Gallo
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Shawn "Lightning" Keller

Is Thomas "Thunder" Keller your brother?

KDawgCometh
04-17-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shawn "Lightning" Keller

Is Thomas "Thunder" Keller your brother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're cousins

Turning Stone Pro
04-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I'll play you heads up on PP 15-30, $2500.00 freeze-out, winner take all. I don't think you can beat me.

If interested, let me know and we'll agree on a date and time.

TSP

Shawn Keller
04-17-2005, 10:12 PM
As I've said before I don't play HU that small unless I'm working with a student.

If you really want to play I'm willing to comprise for the sake of getting this settled, all the way down to 30-60 on ultimatebet, $2500 buyin I'll play you at least 30 minutes (thats about 115+ hands on UB). I WILL NOT play headsup on 15-30 with the 10-15 blind structure and the the small blinding starting out of position, I despise that format. I'm on UB right now if you want to play.

So either step up to the plate or stop lowballing me.

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
catchoftheday on ub

MarkL444
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So either step up to the plate or stop lowballing me.

[/ QUOTE ]

pimp.

BottlesOf
04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
You gonna step up or get pwned in this thread?

Mike Gallo
04-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I would like to watch this. I can make some money if I netcast it...lol

Voltron87
04-17-2005, 10:45 PM
If you play like you play against Paluka you must be on one hell of a heater.

Inthacup
04-18-2005, 02:05 AM
I'll play you heads up on PP 15-30, $2500.00 freeze-out, winner take all.

hahaha. good stuff.

Shawn "Lightning" Keller

LAME

Shawn Keller
04-18-2005, 02:11 AM
TSP if you don't have money on UB I can trade you for money on party.

Do you really think you are +EV against me I'm an animal hero first class u know.

Waiting for your ego to reply....

Shawn "Lightning" Keller

SCfuji
04-18-2005, 02:33 AM
you guys are both wussies. ill play both of you heads up for a $1 freezeout on the 1c/2c LHE tables anytime on Ultimate Bet. stop hi balling me. dodgers will be made fun of with crude mama jokes.

SC "Electricity Storm Pro" Fuji

Shawn Keller
04-18-2005, 03:00 AM
funny /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Schneids
04-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Is your standing one-time offer good for other people if TSP isn't around or is it just for him?

Shawn Keller
04-18-2005, 03:06 AM
it is just for him sorry because he's been so persistent with his desire to play for months now. Anyone else though will have to play at least 80-160 so I don't fall asleep during the match. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

catchoftheday

Schneids
04-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Booooooo I wanted to see how I can do against a winning 300/600 HU player and to see first hand if I feel like I could learn enough from your coaching to warrant considering it.

Joe Tall
04-18-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Booooooo I wanted to see how I can do against a winning 300/600 HU player and to see first hand if I feel like I could learn enough from your coaching to warrant considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crafty bro, crafty.

kurosh
04-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Soon Keller... soon... I'm having a crazy upswing. Up 11.5k in the past two days. I'll have the bankroll soon enough.

Shawn Keller
04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
sounds like fun, just don't hit and run me please!

catch

Daliman
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll play you heads up on PP 15-30, $2500.00 freeze-out, winner take all. I don't think you can beat me.

If interested, let me know and we'll agree on a date and time.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just thrilled that I no longer have the stupidest post in this thread.

Shawn Keller
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
lol

magithighs
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, because it's news,views and gossip, I gotta ask. I'm somewhat surprised that you don't know your record against neverwin. Is it because you don't keep track of all your hands via pokertracker, or because you don't honestly know all his aliases? If you don't use pokertracker, how do you keep records? (other than the obvious -- I take out 100k every month, so I must be up)

Cheers
Magi