PDA

View Full Version : Big Blind Defense hand

Soul Rebel
03-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Would anyone play this differently? The button here is your standard LAG with a very high PFR (around 35-40) and kind of a douche bag. I was playing under my girlfriend's account, and he made a slew of sexist, tasteless comments prior to this hand (pretty funny and pathetic), so I'm also thinking he thinks he can push me around. I'm not sure if the flop check-raise is the way to go, or if I should have tried to bet-3 bet it. SB is passive and nothing special, I can't remember anything distinct about him. Anyway, all comments welcome. Thanks.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Alobar
03-31-2005, 05:07 PM
I like capping the flop here better. I think there is enough of a worry that button takes a free card here (so checkraising is out), that I'm at the very least going to stop and go (which you did). But I think capping and leading is best. You get another bet out of the SB and makes your turn and river decisions easier against the button.