PDA

View Full Version : KK Big Pot Turn Decision

mantasm
03-31-2005, 06:13 AM
I'd never played with the poster before. The other two were going around 70/0 preflop over 20 hands or so.

I hate folding an overpair on a pretty nonscary board, but calling doesn't seem right and I don't really want it to be capped. I guess this is a quick raise/fold/call question.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>

mantasm
03-31-2005, 05:17 PM
just one bump

WarmonkEd
03-31-2005, 08:34 PM
arg. I'd probably fold and I'd kick myself in the ass when shown A5 and AQ. I'm very interested in what the more experienced SH players think.

Alobar
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Im a litle torn here. Im pretty sure youve got the BB beat. His play stikes me as more of a hand like QT, QJ, KQ or something than anything else. The CO could just as easiy have a Q, but he could also have the small set or the wheel, all of these would make sense for a posting raiser. Im less likely to think its a bluff, cuz its obvious the BB has some sort of hand, so for the CO to bluff would be kinda dumb (but then he is posting in the CO....).

I flirt with the idea of a 3 bet, but prolly just call down.

MAxx
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
This is a tuff one.
Cold call or fold, seems close. I hate to say it, but I think folding seems slightly more right. It has got to be close though, I think. I definitley have called this some.

STLantny
03-31-2005, 09:27 PM
I cant see folding here at all??? What about picked up flush draws, weird ass two pairs that you avhe outs on etc?

MAxx
03-31-2005, 10:03 PM
i don't know man... as i said it was tough man. we dont have reads, we have shouted to the world we like our overpair... but nobody is hearing it or fearing it. I am not ruling out that we are not ahead currently, and I am not rulling out that we have more than 2 good outs, if behind. I said it is close, but I could be wrong. I just don't like the action, and unless CO is a wild man or makeing a move... it isn't exactly rosey either.

and we aernt closing the action, but again I am not all that afraid of the Blind player. if he 3bet, then I would be tho.

mantasm
04-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I ended up calling down. I thought there was an ok chance I was still ahead. BB had 32s, CO had 52.

danng721
04-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Calling down is right. You make more when you're ahead and lose less when you're behind.