PDA

View Full Version : comments on all streets

poker1O1
03-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.33 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.33 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.33 BB
results in white
<font color="white">folder had AA, winner Qh7h </font>

Enon
03-31-2005, 06:06 AM
The opponent we were both up against was really loose and aggressive but considering the immense pressure he was faced with in between 2 opponents leads me to a fold on the turn here.

Did you plan on folding to a turn raise by me if a blank came off and the other guy had just called?

ShortBus
03-31-2005, 06:32 AM
I think at some point you have to believe you're beat here. Personally I would've just called in EP with TT on an agresso table.

Flop: I'm not too sure I like the check raise here. With a bet and a raise before you, I'd be likely to just call. I'm not too sure folding would be a bad idea either. Given the action, it's likely you're up against a bigger pair.

Turn: I would check fold to this point. If someone doesn't have a bigger pair they're likely to have hit this card.

goofball
03-31-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think at some point you have to believe you're beat here. Personally I would've just called in EP with TT on an agresso table.

Flop: I'm not too sure I like the check raise here. With a bet and a raise before you, I'd be likely to just call. I'm not too sure folding would be a bad idea either. Given the action, it's likely you're up against a bigger pair.

Turn: I would check fold to this point. If someone doesn't have a bigger pair they're likely to have hit this card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad on both streets. I would have just bet out the flop if i were him, but once it's bet and raised he has to 3bet. He has the best hand and he can induce a lot of incorrect folds from both players either here or on the turn.

Speaking of the turn, why on earth are you scared of the 7? Yes once the guy in the middle raises it becomes possible, but checkfolding is unconscionable. Betfolding if it's 2 more back to you is ok, but folding an overpair in that game is something that needs to be done very sparingly.

I'm sure the circumstance could come up, but at least 90% of the time in the party 15 I'm taking my overpair to showdown.

DeeJ
03-31-2005, 07:19 AM
Preflop I like the early raise 9-handed.

MP3 clearly has something which looks like it isn't quite as good as 99/77 as he doesn't cap the flop. Maybe 2 pair? He maybe has JJ/overpair or maybe AKs?. MP2 has a 9 or a 7....or both.

Without a better note on the players/table I play it the same, I think.

einbert
03-31-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I would've just called in EP with TT on an agresso table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I like the early raise 9-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can not raising this preflop POSSIBLY be right? Do people LRR with TT or something?

I think considering the Loose Aggressive nature of the 15/30 you played this hand correctly. Folding to the turn raise is a possibility but I wouldn't do it against an unknown at all.