PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker $10 SNG ... 1st hand

theredpill5
03-31-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I went back to Party Poker tonight to check out some of the games. I don't play there often.

1st hand : I get A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP

I see the flop with about 3 others

Flop: 8 2 2

Pot is 80

I bet 40

MP calls
LP raises to 150
I reraise All-in
MP calls
LP folds

MP shows J 2

River is a jack

Did I play this OK ? I got my money in with the best of it. It was the 1st hand, though.

Slim Pickens
03-31-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1st hand : I get A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP

[/ QUOTE ]

So who gets this one first, Forumbot or Citanul? Their love child would say go push yourself.

theredpill5
03-31-2005, 05:33 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH ....I'm going to start writing that [censored] in your posts too you moron. Say something intelligent.

johnnybeef
03-31-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BLAH BLAH BLAH ....I'm going to start writing that [censored] in your posts too you moron. Say something intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you need to heed your own advice....re: the hand. A2 (suited or not) is not even in the neighborhood of a playable hand in ep of a sng in level 1. otherwise you played fine.

Deuce2High
03-31-2005, 06:24 AM
I'd probably fold preflop. Getting so involved early hurts!!

Edit: Not really probably... always..

kevstreet
03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
You made your bed with this hand.

Fold preflop.

Komodo
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
1, fold preflop

2, Rest is ok I think. You will sometimes run into 88 here, but LP and MP were obviously both retarded.

rickr
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
My opinion, IF you play this hand early, you play it for flopped flush only. If you totally disregard the ace and the xS you can play it. Would you have felt better if the guy had been holding pocket 8's. You could have been drawing to a 3 outer the whole time. Your odds of hitting a flush on the flop are like 118 to 1, so you are rarely in a position to ever play it early. Even if you take one persons stack when you hit, you lose, because the stacks are not deep enough to give you the implied odds. So your playing this for flush value and for a small pot only. Or for those rare times your in the BB and get a AA2 flop or quads. For the most part, especially early, fold preflop.

Later,
Rick