PDA

View Full Version : I turned a cheater in tonight

theredpill5
03-31-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm sick of chip dumping at Party Poker. I turned that fucker in . I even took a screen capture of it. I got him to admit to being a cheater and took a screen capture of it then sent it to party poker. Guy was an [censored] anyway.

ilya
03-31-2005, 04:24 AM
You make it sound like you usually just let it slide. I hope not? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

XChamp
03-31-2005, 04:33 AM
How do you determine a cheater from a random idiot without multiple instances of abuse?

PoBoy321
03-31-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ. It's bad enough you're a troll in SSNL, now you're trolling in STT.

theredpill5
03-31-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm not trolling. You [censored] idiot.

Smackdab
03-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Had a situation arise yesterday when down to 4 players. I had just called an allin from the short stack who hit a miracle card on the river to leave me very short. The next hand he types in chat "blind him off". I warn him that this may be considered collusion to which he just laughs and berates me. Few hands later I am UTG and push with A5s. He immedately types in "call him". Which the big stack in the BB of course does. I lose when BBs undercard pairs.

Sent email to PP about possible collusion an ask them to review the tournament history for chat directingn them to hand number that it began. Never heard a reply, however, later noticed a $40 increase in my bankroll. Said player had won he SNG and because of the extra $40 in my account I am assuming they stripped offender of his winnings and moved erveryone else up one spot in the order of finish.

Raiser
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Is it funny to anyone else that fucker gets through the censor filter?

ZebraAss
03-31-2005, 10:06 AM
what is a troll?

octaveshift
03-31-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Had a situation arise yesterday when down to 4 players. I had just called an allin from the short stack who hit a miracle card on the river to leave me very short. The next hand he types in chat "blind him off". I warn him that this may be considered collusion to which he just laughs and berates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar situation, and turned the two players in to PP support, along with a transcript.

PP sent me an email a few hours later telling me they had shut off their chat as punishment for using the chat to collude.

I wouldn't have done it, except that when I pointed out to them that it is improper to say things like "i got him, fold" while playing, I was treated to a litany of berating obscenities.

The best part now is to look them up when they are playing, observe the table, and taunt them.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KenProspero
03-31-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is a troll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet Trolls (http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm)

This is as good a discussion as I've ever found.

KenProspero
03-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Related question:

How do you protect yourself if you're the third player in the game. Meaning, you're not the 'victim' with the short stack, and you're not the 'cheater' suggesting collusion.

If there's an active third person, I find this pretty easy -- just say point blank, I don't collude.

However, the more socially awkward situation is where the person in third has disconnected and is blinding out. I believe that there's nothing wrong with stealing this person's blinds until s/he's gone. And if one can reach a tacit arrangement, it's a win win. However, I also feel that discussing it, and saying something is a no no.

Where I'm at a loss is what to do if someone 'suggests' what I had intended on doing anyway. Do I have to change my strategy to avoid being lumped in with the 'cheater', or do I simply say something like 'let's play it out' and not respond further.

Final point -- this is a personal choice. Once I found myself on the opposite end. I received a phone call that I had to take, and wound up blinding out. When I got back, I found myself in third, with a discussion amongst first and second as to how to divvy up my chips while I was blinding out. I chose not to report this. Any comments?

rickr
03-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Actually it's pretty easy. If someone eggs you to call or something, just turn it around. Say the small stack is all-in and someone is badgering you to call. I'll type in, "of course you want me to call,your not risking anything". Whether you call or not, it at least makes you look better if someone investigates.

Later,
Rick

theredpill5
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
I sent the e-mail to info@partypoker.com . I haven't gotten a reply back. Did I send it to the proper place ? I want to get this guy.