PDA

View Full Version : 66 UTG+1

PiquetteAces
10-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Its 5-10 kill in a loose-passive game . 9 handed , all mediocre players ( except me ) and maybe one more which is semi-tight but very passive . The hand is play 5-10 and UTG raise . He has now 5$ left . I see 66 . What should I do if I consider that :
2 or 3 hands ago , UTG ' wife has came to him and they had the following conversation :
- WIFE -> its enough , for me , are we leaving soon ?
- UTG -> I'll gamble those chips and that 's it ( with ~50$in front of him ) .
- WIFE -> How long will it be ?
- UTG ->5minutes maximum
- WIFE -> I'll wait you in the lobby
So he could have any 2 cards , he's just throwing money . Even if I 3bets to isolate the " random hand " most of them will call with hand like A2 , K5s , QTo , 78o etc .
What is the best play to do here ?

Ginogino
10-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Piquette Aces:
What's your position and what's the betting (if any) between UTG and you? These are factors in predicting how many will stay to see the flop if you raise. You'd certainly want to raise if you could get headsup, but that's unlikely in a loose passive game if there are 3 or 4 players plus the blinds left after you. In that case, I'd merely call (UTG's bet is almost like dead money) and hope for a set.
Gino

PiquetteAces
10-18-2002, 02:51 PM
I was UTG +1 . The title of my post is " 66 UTG+1 "

Dynasty
10-18-2002, 03:58 PM
If all your opponents are going to call no matter what, then you can cold-call a raise with a pocket pair.

3-betting is probably still best since you may be able to limit the field substantially with your raise.

Ginogino
10-18-2002, 07:52 PM

budman
10-18-2002, 08:08 PM
I would three bet in the hopes of limiting the field before the flop. Then, with a set or a non-threatening flop you might be able to get to heads up by continuing to apply pressure.

Generally, I would prefer to limp and hope for a full field when I hit my set.

UTG is the one player I would not fear in this hand, given his position and the background you gave. I think it is worth it to try and separate him from the flock.

mike l.
10-19-2002, 02:23 AM
"Even if I 3bets to isolate the " random hand " most of them will call with hand like A2 , K5s , QTo , 78o etc .
What is the best play to do here?"

call. and see if it's at all possible to play 80-120 hours a week at this particular table. and tell me where this game is.

mike l.
10-19-2002, 02:31 AM
"3-betting is probably still best since you may be able to limit the field substantially with your raise."

wrong. w/ 66 here you want it either heads-up (or 3 way w/ two fish max) or with as many players in as possible. the worst thing that can happen is for you to be playing out of position for 3 or 4 bets each against 4-5 players. in the first case youre hoping your hand holds up unimproved. in the second case youre hoping to either flop a set or fold.

however, in the worst case scenario (which you will most likely end up with when you 3 bet preflop in this type of loose game) you will need to flop a set, but you dont want this middle amount of players (4-5) because your implied odds when you do flop a set go down at a passive table as PA described.

PiquetteAces
10-19-2002, 02:42 AM
Yes I agree with that ...