PDA

View Full Version : 99 in a tough spot

Donating
03-31-2005, 03:14 AM
Is there a correct play here given my sense that the original raiser is coming along either way?

Party Poker $50+5 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1425)
MP (t1375)
CO (t1610)
Button (t2770)
SB (t960)
Hero (t1860)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB calls all-in t960</font>

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 03:22 AM
Fold it. I know I may be wrong with the math here maybe but I don't really care. You'll find a better spot to use your nice stack later.

Deuce2High
03-31-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm folding here. The min-raise is scary enough and the second all in is making my decision a lot easier.

Walter Pullis
03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
The combination of the MP raise and the all-in would make me fold. I would have probably called with only one of the bets.

rickr
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Read dependant. All these players are either good or got real lucky to have this many people left healthy at 200 blind. My thoughts. SB reraise means little, as I get to see all 5 cards to what very well may be a small stack desperation push. MP's raise could mean a few things. What would you do in this position. You are second short stack at the table holding 44. With 2 healthy stacks behind you, you are scared to push, but. If you miniraise, co and button, being sandwiched, and a healthy stack, will drop. If they come over the top you can lay down. If they tag along, play for set value. Small stack is SB. If he plays, he's pot committed, so there's a good chance he will raise all in with a wide range of hands that you are at worst a coin flip. If he goes all-in, there's a good chance BB will lay down a large percentage of hands that dominate me since he has to worry about my reraise on the flop all-in. So I am risking 400 chips to possibly win 300 by stealing the blinds, or get heads up with the small stack. Pretty good position for someone who is semi-passive to get to see a flop. If he has played this way, reraise all-in and put him to the test for his chips. This is quickly becoming a coinflip tourney anyway, due to the stack sizes. If you win you are now big stack and can really start bullying this group around.

Later,
Rick

Walter Pullis
03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Like I said, I would fold. I love "coin-flip" endings of tournaments. I am patient, and these are the type I sometimes win.