PDA

View Full Version : funny

theBruiser500
03-31-2005, 02:03 AM
I first played with Phil in a no-limit side game in Los Angeles in 1992. I didn’t pay attention to tournament poker back then, but I had heard that he was a cocky kid who had won a big tournament. He was playing fast and loose and showing his hands and needling people whenever he outplayed them. Well, I was pretty cocky too. Phil opened for a raise, I reraised and Phil called. After the flop, I bet, Phil raised and I reraised him all-in. He thought for a while, showed me top pair and then folded. I showed him Deuce-Three offsuit which bore no relation to the flop.

Phil stood up and said, “Nice play buddy, but that’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done. Do you realize that giving me that kind of information is going to cost you all of your money? It’s because of players like you that I make millions of dollars a year playing poker.”

istewart
03-31-2005, 02:08 AM
Discuss here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=tv)

pshreck
Who said this?

I would agree that its funny if it wasnt the same thing he always says on TV and in articles and such.

PoBoy321
Poker... content... O... O... T... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(hilarious story, btw)

istewart
03-31-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who said this?

I would agree that its funny if it wasnt the same thing he always says on TV and in articles and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greenstein.

gamblore99
03-31-2005, 03:14 AM
bruiser how old are you? i thought you were like 20.

daryn
03-31-2005, 06:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
bruiser how old are you? i thought you were like 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

gamblore, how dumb are you? i thought you were at least of above average intelligence.