PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hand

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Party 5/10
8 handed

Seat 1: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif____CALL_____________________________CALL
Seat 2: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/club.gif________CALL_____________________________C ALL
Seat 3: XXX XXX 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif____________CALL__________________________ ___CALL
Seat 4: XXX XXX 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif________________FOLD
Seat 5: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____________________COMP
Seat 6: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif________________________CALL
Seat 7: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/heart.gif____________________________CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif__BI____________________________CALL

4th (pot = $39)

Seat 1: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif______CHCK___________________________CALL
Seat 2: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif__________DBL-BET
Seat 3: XXX XXX 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif_________________CALL
Seat 5: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif_____________________CALL
Seat 6: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif_________________________CALL
Seat 7: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____________________________FOLD
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif__CHCK___________________________CALL

5th (pot = $99)

Seat 1: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif_______CHECK____________________CALL
Seat 2: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____________BET_____________________CAL L
Seat 3: XXX XXX 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif_______________RAISE
Seat 5: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____________________CALL
Seat 6: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif________________________CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif__CHECK_____________________CALL

6th (pot = $219)

Seat 1: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif_________CALL
Seat 2: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____________CALL
Seat 3: XXX XXX 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif_________________CALL
Seat 5: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif_____________________CALL
Seat 6: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif__BET
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif_____CALL

7th (pot = $279)

Seat 1: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif XXX_________FOLD
Seat 2: XXX XXX J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif XXX_____________CALL____________________CALL
Seat 3: XXX XXX 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif XXX_________________RAISES (ALL IN DOESN'T REOPEN ACTION)
Seat 5: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif_____________________CALL
Seat 6: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif XXX__BET____________________CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif XXX_____CALL____________________CALL

final pot 340

results below in white <font color="white">

Ad 6c Jc Ah 8d Jd Js - Jacks full of Aces
Ts Th Td Ks 6d Qc 8s - Trip Ts
2d Qs Qd 4s 9c Qh 2s - Queens full of 2s
3c 5c 3s 3h 2c Kd 2h - 3s full of 2s

</font>

B Mando
03-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Is this now the bad beat forum? Ha, just messing with ya bud:)

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 02:15 AM
It wasn't a particular bad beat because no street went to a large number of bets

I just thought it was funny that soo mnay people got FHs and that the hand has soo many people seeing a showdown

It wasn't meant to be a whinning post

Spladle Master
03-31-2005, 06:27 AM
Why didn't you raise fourth?

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Well,
I was thinking that I was far ahead and I wanted to get money in. But maybe I should have started to try to trim the opponents, there was already 60 or so in the pot. But the main reason I didn't raise was that all my cards were live. And when I've got live cards and I can observe soo many other cards my prob of filling up is pretty decent. So at this point I wasn't too concerned with someone hitting a flush or somehing like that to beat me. They'd have to hit a higher full house. And so far there aren't many unduplicated higher up cards

Oh, well. I tried to play a big one and I got what I asked for. This wasn't a huge lose in dollars so I really don't have much regret.

So far this was the biggest (in BB) hands that I've seen

snowden719
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
maybe I'm insane buyt I think raising 4th and raisng 5th are a must here. You don;t want to give a good price to the flush draws, and the hands most likely to call you are drawing poorly (small trips or big 2 pair.) I don;t think that either of those hands fold here, and I think you can get the most money out of the pot while protecting against straights and flushes by raising both these streets. The only hands that are going to fold to two bets cold here are hands that probably hurt you given thazt with the amount of action we're probably not seeing a single pair or baby two pair. If they are still betting into you on 6th then I would just call if I'm unimproved and bet if checked to. I think just calling on the river without improving to a boat is also the right call.

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 11:40 AM
I think you're right that I should have 3-bet 5th. I didn't even think of that for some reason. That was definetly a big error.

I don't agree that raising 4th is correct. The reason for this is that for it to be correct I have to assume the following...(I don't improve &amp;&amp; opponent improves to beat me) OR (I improve &amp;&amp; opponent improves to beat Ts full). All told the chances for these things happening are pretty small, espically when I catch so good on 4th.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the 5th street error....I now feel like I completely botched the hand there. Before I thought I didn't make any huge errors. Live and Learn

P.S. I damn near folded on the river. But the emotional cost of seeing a hand I beat take this down would have been sooo high that I would much rather pay 1 BB + a little to make sure I don't suffer that

BeerMoney
03-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Jon, what did seat 3 have?

Also, this is too small of a pot for the hands that are shown down. You needed to lose more money on this hand. Also, the bring in called your raise on what was obviously not a steal. You need to figure there's a good chance he will have smaller trips and will give you plenty of action. I think you have to look at this hand this way, if you put in some big raises, you give people oppurtunities to make HUGE mistakes. If they fold, that's ok, the pots already a decent size. You really needed to put a raise in somewhere.

Why is the same person three betting with aces up smooth calling with trip tens?

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't know what 3 seat had.

Everyone got there FH on the river believe it or not. So that is part of the reason why the pot is small.

Also...reconsidering 4th steet...I smooth called because I liked my chance of FH in multiway pot. The problem here is (and actually I just thought about this), I smooth called to get more money in pot. When raising practically gurantees the same amount of money (or more) goes in the pot because I can be pretty sure the BI and the OB and caller will all call a raise here.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is the same person three betting with aces up smooth calling with trip tens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm tricky alright, or just very inconsistent

Spladle Master
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Actually, I think the pot would have been bigger if you had raised fourth. I didn't mean you should raise to knock people out. I meant you should raise for value.

Andy B
03-31-2005, 09:41 PM
I like the completion on third street. With a caller between you and the bettor on fourth street, I lean towards raising. If people come along for the ride, fantastic. If you get it down to three-handed, I think that's a decent result as well. Slow-playing is OK, too.

On fifth, I think a three-bet is a must. The pot is now reasonably big, so the best result is for you to claim it right now. That's not going to happen, obviously, but I'm really not looking for additional action. Since three other people called two cold, perhaps one or two of them would have called three anyway. At any rate, I see no reason not to raise.

On sixth, I'm confused enough that I think I just call. And I think I just call on the river as well. Folding for one bet in a pot this big with a hand that good would have been absolutely insane, especially when your call closed the action.

timmer
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
d00d,

why not put the hammer down ?

you got a large number of opponents so brutalize them.

Personally I wouldnt of slowed till 6th when the 2 OC's door paired if then.

slow playing mid sets in a big field is heinous.

some bad luck though.

ouch

timmer

jon_1van
03-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Can't you raise for value and too shut people out simultaneously?

There are the people have have already put in 1 BB so they will probably put in another BB when it gets back to them (raise for value)

And there are others that might folded for 2 cold

Spladle Master
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you raise for value and too shut people out simultaneously?

There are the people have have already put in 1 BB so they will probably put in another BB when it gets back to them (raise for value)

And there are others that might folded for 2 cold

[/ QUOTE ]

Seven people saw fourth street for a full bet.

I am not at all worried that a raise will fold out anyone that wasn't planning on folding already.