PDA

View Full Version : Weirdplay with KJs

SomethingClever
03-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Let's break down my thoughts street by street.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Easy

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I bet for value and I also don't mind if UTG raises and drives out SB. Hmm.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Here's the weirdplay... I checkraised for three reasons... tell me if they're valid.

1) Trap SB for extra bets with a monster draw.
2) I could still be ahead.
3) Possibly buys me a free showdown when I don't improve.

Thoughts?

captZEEbo1
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
I think it's a decent turn c/r, but if you are indeed behind, you should not in theory be given a free showdown...although against $1/2 donks you might get the showdown.
I don't like leading this flop....most typical opponents lead this flop....I go for a flop or turn c/r.

PassiveCaller
03-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't like the flow of this hand... betting out on the flop throws things out of whack and leaves with with this ugly situation. You have a decent hand and a good draw so obviously you aren't going anywhere but #3 is going to rely upon some serious mental retardation on the part of the players involved if they have any hand that you would want a free showdown from, given your relative position to the bettor.

#1 you're going to want a bigger pot and more involved parties most of the time to make this more for value.
#2, is a good reason
#3, is trash