PDA

View Full Version : nyquil

bogey
03-31-2005, 12:35 AM
this stuff rocks

I always have trouble getting to bed, and am pretty much constantly tired all day when I have to get up to be on time for something. When I'm on my own schedule I'm pretty much a night person and sleep through to the afternoon. I took a bunch of nyquil last week cause I had a cold and all week I was up at 8 ready to go to class and not tired at all. That just doesn't happen with me.

So how bad do you think this is to take just to get a good nights sleep. Anyone have any other experiences with good sleep aids?

jason_t
03-31-2005, 12:37 AM
866 SOBER12

mason55
03-31-2005, 12:39 AM
an ambien addiction lasts much longer asn is much harder to get rid of. you should really get a prescription.

gorgeous
03-31-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any other experiences with good sleep aids?

[/ QUOTE ]

A busy day and exercise. Seriously, after one of these I'm knocked out by midnight, and this is coming from someone who usually sleeps at 3am and wakes up at 10am

YourFoxyGrandma
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
I look forward to getting sick and taking Nyquil. I can't imagine taking it on a regular basis is very good for you, though. There are sleeping pills you can take that are designed for putting you to bed. Give those a shot.

Thythe
03-31-2005, 01:14 AM
It's funny as I just took some Nyquil. Seriously it's the only good thing about being sick. I could certainly see getting addicted to it, as in needing it to fall asleep, though, and I wouldn't make it a habbit.

bogey
03-31-2005, 01:32 AM
is how you feel when you get up in the morning after taking nyquil how normal people feel all the time when they wake up?

astroglide
03-31-2005, 01:33 AM
nyquil gives me intense dreams and i wake up like every 15 minutes

Sweaburg
03-31-2005, 02:16 AM
I have that problem too. My dreams on NyQuil are almost hallucinegenic and wake me up constantly

Shajen
03-31-2005, 09:00 AM
Denis Leary on NyQuil:

I don't do illegal drugs anymore. Now I just do the legal drugs. Tonight I'm on NyQuil and Sudafed. Let me tell you something, folks. Forget about cocaine and heroine. All you need is NyQuil and Sudafed. I'm telling you right now, I took the NyQuil five years ago. I just came out of the coma tonight before the [censored] show! Claus Vanbulo was standing over my bed going, "Denis, get up! There's something the matter with Sunny! Hurry up!" I love NyQuil. Man, I love it! I love it. I love it. I love it. It's the best thing [censored] ever invented. Isn't it, huh? I love the name alone. NyQuil - Capitol N, small Y, big [censored] Q! I love that [censored] Q, don't you!? What a great advertising idea! Put a huge [censored] Q on the box. They'll get high and stare at it. "The Q is talking to me! The Q is talking to me!"

I love NyQuil, man. Because NyQuil has never changed, man. It's never changed. All the other medicines are doing that inner-child thing. "we know that there's a small child inside of you, so now we have grape and cherry and orange flavor." Not NyQuil! They still have the original green death [censored] flavor! You know why!? Because it doesn't matter what it tastes like! It's so strong you go, "*wheeze* Hey this stuff really tastes like.." Bang! Yer in the coma already! "What happened?" "He said tastes like and he went right into the coma, it was unbelievable!" We have reached the point where the over the counter drugs are actually stronger than anything you can buy on the street. It says on the back of the NyQuil box, on the back of the box it says, "May cause drowsiness." It should say, "Don't make any [censored] plans! Kiss your family and friends goodbye. Say hello to Klaus!" NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you! You giant [censored] Q!

NyQuil is the secret for all you twelve step recovery program people. Yes, all you AA people, NyQuil is the key! It's the thirteenth [censored] step! You can drink it! It's over the counter! Drink as much as you want. "Are you drunk?" "No! I have a cold. Same cold I've had for two years. I just can't seem to shake it. I'm high as a kite and my teeth are green. Merry [censored] Christmas!"

Back in the day, Denis was the [censored].

jason_t
03-31-2005, 09:29 AM
This thread is seriously making me want to drive to Ralph's and buy a bottle of NyQuil.

CCass
03-31-2005, 03:51 PM
NyQuil daiquiris are the bomb!!!

moondogg
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Nyquil and coffee as pre-game drinking.

(Note: Don't attempt it unless you are between 18 and 20 years of age, or you will almost certainly die immediately)

Gamblor
03-31-2005, 04:27 PM
we used to take sudafeds before every hockey game.

it gives you the perfect energy boost without [censored] up your brain.

Popinjay
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we used to take sudafeds before every hockey game.

it gives you the perfect energy boost without [censored] up your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

or so you thought.

bogey
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(Note: Don't attempt it unless you are between 18 and 20 years of age, or you will almost certainly die immediately)

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that sounds like fun, the nyquil doesnt doesnt make you tired though?

Hermlord
04-01-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is seriously making me want to drive to Ralph's and buy a bottle of NyQuil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that the next time I'm at Jewel I'm buying NyQuil.

Hermlord
04-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh, and I have a Sonata prescription that rocks. Use as directed, out like a light. Double the dose, stay up 20min, and let the show begin....

But my serious recommendation is melatonin, a natural chemical linked to your Circadian rhythm. You can get it OTC, and it really truly works. Not like, "I think this New-age blend of twigs and bark might be helping, sorta." It really helps you get back in balance, whereas a sleeping pill is really a short-term solution.

JohnnyHumongous
04-01-2005, 03:02 AM
I used to have an Ambien prescription, and what I found was that, if you take one and don't go to sleep right away, most of the time (but not always) you start to get REAL effed up in the head, but in a terrific good way like a ripping drug. Like I could hardly walk. It was awesome. Then I read this article online about Ambien and this girl was interviewed and she said the exact same thing. I'll never forget how she called it her "party for one".

eastbay
04-01-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this stuff rocks

I always have trouble getting to bed, and am pretty much constantly tired all day when I have to get up to be on time for something. When I'm on my own schedule I'm pretty much a night person and sleep through to the afternoon. I took a bunch of nyquil last week cause I had a cold and all week I was up at 8 ready to go to class and not tired at all. That just doesn't happen with me.

So how bad do you think this is to take just to get a good nights sleep. Anyone have any other experiences with good sleep aids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way and it does the same thing for me - I wake up clear as a bell and feeling refreshed. I usually feel like sh7t in the morning.

I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea to make it a habit, though.

eastbay

moondogg
04-01-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that sounds like fun, the nyquil doesnt doesnt make you tired though?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the coffee is for. It's like a poor man's coke, without the downside of actually being a cokehead.