PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do?

foldem
03-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Please critique this hand for me. Flop three bet? When should I slow down? Thanks.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (14.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (26.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 28.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Ad Td (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero has 6d 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 28.70 BB. </font>

Alobar
03-31-2005, 12:23 AM
I dont like the pre flop 3 bet

Post flop, I think you played it exactly right. I love the flop lead, hoping the button raises, cuz the pot is so big everyone is going to call two if they have any part of it, and then you can 3 bet....perfect way to biuld the big pot.

When I get capped on the turn, I start to worry about an over set, so I just call the river as well.

p.s. Dont post results, it skews peoples analysis

PassiveCaller
03-31-2005, 01:12 AM
The reads are going to dictate whether this should be a 3-bet pre-flop. The same type of player that you should be 3-betting pre-flop with this you should probably continue to go at on the river for 1 more bet and call his 3-bet.

The results will definitely skew the answers you get as mentioned though.

wrto4556
03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
I like the preflop 3-bet as long as you think you can get out the button and blinds.

Rest is great.

foldem
03-31-2005, 01:50 AM
My reasoning for three betting was that there hadn't been much of it going on preflop at the table so I thought I might be able to fold the loose button, the blinds and even the weak tight EP limper. Obviously that plan back fired and I got lucky to flop a set. If not three bet, cold call or fold?

PassiveCaller
03-31-2005, 01:59 AM
It's fold or 3-bet, and I like your 3-bet here. I'm a bit off tonight but in spots like this I would occasionally be more liberal with the river raise since a lot of people will tend to overvalue their Ace Two Pair combinations enough to make it worth it. However just calling on the river isn't awful and it's going to be your call based upon your read on whether this player falls into that category.

foldem
03-31-2005, 02:57 AM
next time i will remember to not post the results. Is there an argument to calling on the river hoping for an overcall from the button? He probably missed his spade draw but he could have a pair of aces too. If MP will only three bet you if he has you beat calling might be better.

RunDownHouse
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
You'll get the same amount when MP calls your river raise as when the button overcalls, which he won't always do, so you're really only worried about losing to MP. Since I really doubt MP has AA, QQ, or TT (QQ might not have capped the turn, but the other hands would have, and QQ wouldn't go to war on the flop or turn at all), I think you're ahead and should raise the river. Sometimes button will not overcall one bet, and sometimes he'll be stubborn and call two cold with some sort of two pair, so I think a raise is best.

Guido
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
When the MP has loose raises I like your 3-bet. I would play the rest of the hand the same.

Guido

Alobar
03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll get the same amount when MP calls your river raise as when the button overcalls, which he won't always do, so you're really only worried about losing to MP. Since I really doubt MP has AA, QQ, or TT (QQ might not have capped the turn, but the other hands would have, and QQ wouldn't go to war on the flop or turn at all), I think you're ahead and should raise the river. Sometimes button will not overcall one bet, and sometimes he'll be stubborn and call two cold with some sort of two pair, so I think a raise is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be more certain than just being ahead 50% of the time here, because there is the threat of a 3 bet. Which is also why the other posters was talking about an overcall. If you NEVER got three bet, then it wouldnt be an issue, but a 3 bet here is very much a possibility. so gettining an overcall makes the same amount of money as raising and getting call, but you save 2 bets if you lose when he 3 bets.

In this hand I wouldnt have not raised the river because i was hoping for an overcall. I would have not riased the river cuz I dont think im ahead enough. The overcall just makes the decision that much easier.