PDA

View Full Version : Woot Woot! Sox game Tuesday.

nothumb
03-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Just got tickets at a very discounted rate, box seats along the left field line. I will be there and I will be drunk and belligerent. Anyone else going? I will have a 130 pound wuss with me that I will be forced to defend as well.

NT

kerssens
03-30-2005, 11:35 PM
I'll be at the Mariners game.

istewart
03-30-2005, 11:37 PM
This season will absolutely pwn. I'm actually looking forward to the occasional Mets game this summer (how often can you say that?) despite the absolute shithole that Shea is.

nothumb
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM
I think this should be a great season too, and I'm especially excited because I just found out a guy I bowl with sells tickets and he's giving me some awesome deals.

That, and because the Yankees have a legitimate chance to win 100 games or finish behind the Orioles.

NT

NT

istewart
03-30-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That, and because the Yankees have a legitimate chance to win 100 games or finish behind the Orioles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah, get outta here /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nothumb
03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Seriously. Pavano is unproven and injury prone, Wright is over-rated, if the Unit gets hurt things could go really poorly for them. Now, things would also have to go brilliantly for the Orioles, but it's not impossible. I think the Yanks seriously overpaid for what they got.

NT

Dead
03-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Yous guys have some question marks as well.

Namely, Wade Miller and David Wells.

And there is no guarantee that Schilling's ankle will hold up.

Your rotation is just as iffy as ours is.

Also, I think you underestimate how big Steinbrenner's pocketbook is.

If the season is going badly by July, we will just make some pickups at the deadline.

pshreck
03-30-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you underestimate how big Steinbrenner's pocketbook is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocketbook? What a sissy!

istewart
03-30-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Pavano is unproven and injury prone, Wright is over-rated, if the Unit gets hurt things could go really poorly for them. Now, things would also have to go brilliantly for the Orioles, but it's not impossible. I think the Yanks seriously overpaid for what they got.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. In fact, I think the Yankees could have the more solid starting rotation than the Sox. Brown is an albatross, but the rest are quite solid. Pavano will be fine.

nothumb
03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
I agree the Sox have a few question marks, but we also have several guys in the bullpen who can start games and have been effective in the past. We also have several valuable players or prospects we can afford to give up at the deadline if we need to make a change. I'm not sure what the Yankees have to be honest.

Sox management has made some great moves that many thought were questionable lately. I think in general in the past few years I take Sox front office over Yanks pretty easily. Although they have made some more controversial moves that have a lot of people wondering; however, they have the benefit of the doubt from me for now, since Epstein has done a great job in the last few years.

NT

Dead
03-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Yankees will win the division again, and they won't choke in the ALCS this time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My guess as of now is that they will win the division by 8 games. 106-56, just to throw a number out there.

I really think that RJ was a great acquisition. Vazquez just didn't have the goods to pitch in NY, but the pitchers that we have acquired do.

RJ is solid(assuming no injuries, and I don't think he will have any).

Moose is much more solid this year.

Pavano will have a very decent year, and I expect the same of Wright.

Brown is the biggest question mark, but if we get a 4.50 era out of him, I'd be happy with that, with our offense.

nothumb
03-31-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think that RJ was a great acquisition. Vazquez just didn't have the goods to pitch in NY, but the pitchers that we have acquired do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so hard to quantify before they actually deal with the situation. I think Unit will be fine, other two, not sure yet.

I could see what you're saying happening pretty easily as well. A big factor will be how both teams play against the Orioles and Jays. Last year we sucked against them and it cost us.

NT

Dead
03-31-2005, 11:59 AM
It's not that you guys sucked against the Orioles and Jays, you sucked against almost everyone from June on, while the Yankees sucked in April and then got really hot.

The Yankees' only problem team last year was Boston. The Yankees had no problems with the rest of the teams that they faced. The Yankees did lose the season series last year, but I expect that they will win it this year.