PDA

View Full Version : 5 handed 15/30 KK when top pair Q pairs the boards

NLfool
03-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah my limit game sucks but was there for 1 player when this came up. KK in MP raise and the best player (aggro good with all sorts of gears) in the BB calls. Flop is Q92 two diamonds. He checks, I bet, he raises I smooth call planning on raising the turn (if you 3 bet this flop what line do you take when the Q pairs). The turn comes another Q again he checks I bet he raises. This is where I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to 3 bet as the diamond draw leans me towards 3 betting (also who folds at this point) as he is very capable of doing this with A9, J10s, and a few orbits earlier he played AA very similar.

Would anyone go for the 3 bet in hopes of charging something like JTs the max and checking behind (who folds to cap or who folds if he calls a 3 bet and leads rvr). Or am I in call mode on the turn

flub
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I would go into calling mode. He'll most likely bet on river with diamond draw in which case you'll make the same. He may very well have a Q in which case you miss your 2 outs after you fold to cap. The only 9 you want him to fold is AJ and I wouldn't be worried about that.

That being said; shorthanded isn't my speciality and the answers in that forum would probably be better.

-flub