PDA

View Full Version : what do i do?

uvickid
03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Bet 20+2 NL tourney. I have 2400 in chips with the blinds at 20/40. Average stack size is around 2k. I'm in middle position with QQ. The table chip leader, sitting one to my right, plays a ton of hands and opens up for 160. I raise to make it 375 to go. (my first question, is this too big or too small a raise given the situation). Folded to the button whom cold calls. Original raiser calls and we take three to the flop. Flop comes A,J,K rainbow. Original raiser, chekcs to me...

What do i do??

Do i check it through knowing that either schmuck to my right or the button have an Ace or a King (or heaven forbid both), or do i make a move?? and if i make a move how large a bet is necessary to win me the pot??

ShortBus
03-31-2005, 07:02 AM
1. Your raise was WAY too small. 500 at least IMHO

2. This flop sucks for your QQ. You're behind any hand that would raise, or call a raise. While you DO have outs to Broadway, a Ten isn't likely to come. Check behind and fold to a good sized bet. If he bets weak, take one off and hope for a T. Check/folding is your best bet.

schwza
03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
yes, make it around 500 preflop. i'd bet about 2/3 pot on the that flop unless you think the bad guys are bad enough to play with a hand like Kx.