PDA

View Full Version : PLHE flopped set.....what's your flop action?

MHarris
03-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Stars PLHE tourney. It's my 2nd hand at this table, thus the villain in this hand is unknown. Blinds are at 10/20, I have T1430, and villain has ~T1500.

I'm in MP with red QQ. Villain open-limps from EMP, I raise to 90, and it's folded back to him. He re-raises, and I pot it, making it T510 to go. He calls.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villain leads for T300. I have T920 remaining. Do you:

Smooth-call the 300 and push any turn?

Push the flop?

Min-raise the flop and push/call all-in the turn?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Roman
03-30-2005, 10:55 PM
It rarely matters to be honest. I push here most of the time though, dont like a scare card turnin.

Bill Poker
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
looks like he has AA/KK, you are way ahead. i would call and push if no A/K on the turn. if A/K on the turn, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, its poker!

Paradigm
03-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I think you need to decide if he's going to call a raise, or if this is a continuation bet. He also might have KK, but it's a bit more unlikely. I think I raise to 600, and if he calls that, then I don't think a scare card hurts you because unless he's got AsKs you should be alright. I either raise the flop or push the flop.

captainzodiac
03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
no matter what he has you're way ahead,but i would push here to protect my hand against his best option which is a flush draw- ak spades.i don't play pot limit at all,but i'm guessing with 510 preflop and his 300 postflop,you're limited to a 810 bet?then that's what i would make it. if he outs draws you he got lucky,but you're moist likely doubling up and crippling him,and even if he doesn't call your push,you took a nice size pot here.
i'm just thinking if i was the villian i would do exactly as he did,bet half the pot,hoping you'd smooth call,and if my flush hits i check it to you,that's if he's playing that hand,if not you have very little to worry about,aa or kk have like an 8% chance of hitting there trips.

11t
03-31-2005, 03:36 AM
I push here simply because if you cracked a higher pair he might get scared of a spade hitting.

I think the villain will call the vast majority of the time.

ShortBus
03-31-2005, 06:49 AM
PUSH THE FLOP:

If your opponent has a higher pair (AA/KK) he's going to call you here anyway. Especially if he has the backdoor flush draw. Lets say he has (AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif ) You want to make him pay to draw for his flush draw. All in is the move.

You don't want him drawing for cheaper than he needs to be. Don't slowplay on monster boards is my moto. I usually stick to it. Push and hope he has AA or KK.