PDA

View Full Version : Mike Taylor and gay smear

brad
10-18-2002, 10:04 AM
http://www.almartinraw.com/column75.html

The ad supposedly implied that Mike Taylor was gay. What they're not talking about is that this whole hair tonic operation was a fraud and that the FTC recommended that he be prosecuted for fraud.

The Bush I Administration inserted itself to make sure that Taylor wasn't prosecuted because of the enormous contributions he had made to the Republican National Committee. He had donated a lot of money, but he's nothing more than a Republican Scamscateer who was allowed to get away with it because of the money he donated.

But you have to love the spin the Republicans immediately put on it. The preemptive spin criticized the ad implying that the Democrats were trying to paint this guy as being gay and that was the spin. The real story is that this guy is just a garden variety Republican Scamscateer who was not prosecuted for fraud because of the money he had given to the Republican Party.

It's interesting to note that the Democrats didn't respond to the RNC statement. They just had a counter statement that said they weren't trying to portray this guy as gay. But they did accomplish their goal.

Ray Zee
10-18-2002, 11:14 AM
this guy isnt gay but so what. the whole idea of campains is to show what the opponent has done in the past and what you might expect from him in the future. its all fair even though it disgusts us. to have a clean compain is wonderful but then yoou dont know the true dirt on the candidates and cannot make an informed opinion.
it would be alot easier if we required a lie detector test for all public figures once a month. the only question allowed to be asked is--have you lied to the public in the last month.

whiskeytown
10-18-2002, 05:04 PM
any politician who says he isn't lying is a damned liar
any politician who really isn't lying is a dead politician.

Dems, Republicians....both the same....I saw the ads and heard about them from my Dad, (in Kalispell) - but didn't know much else...kinda creepy -

I like the ones here in MN better...Norm Coleman vs. Paul Wellstone. Coleman switched parties in the late 90's from Dem. to Republican - and the Wellstone camp is running ads of television footage from '96 showing Coleman when he was stumping for Wellstone.

Of course, Wellstone signed a two term pledge he broke...both bastards...like lawyers...doesn't matter what you believe, only what you argue for your side.

grrr....