PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question...

cockandbull
03-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Ok, so i'm playing in full game on party and the blinds are really tight, but inbetween me and the blinds is a loose player at around 80/25. how do i deal with him when planning a raise against tight blinds.

harry

Joe Tall
03-30-2005, 09:54 PM
He is going to invite them to come along w/his cold calls on your steals. Plus he isn't going anywhere on the flop I would guess. So, I'd actually tighten up some in the CO, an even consider open-limping.

Anyone else?
-Joe Tall

admiralfluff
03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
i agree. Steals just aren't going to work often enough. Raise legitimate raising hands from this position, and I would also cold call some weaker hands, maybe hoping for a raise after me to make coming in from the blinds a little less enticing. This will also be highly dependent on the types of players in your blinds.

chief444
03-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Tightening up some seems right to me.

I'm curios what hands you would open limp with here though.

cockandbull
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
from what i've read of the replys so far, the general idea is to tighten up my steals. now if the blinds are tight and are folding way more than they should, should i be stealing more because they are going to fold most hands with say a vsip of 10% and the loose player is going to call with more hands than he should. now although he has position on me for all hands i'm going to jump the gun and say a player who is 80/25 isnt going to play well post flop and will pay off with a wider range of hands.

what do you all think of this.

Joe Tall
03-31-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm curios what hands you would open limp with here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QJs, JTs, Axs, small PPs stuff I can steal in the CO with but given the circumstance, I like the open limp.