PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll Withdrawals

ttleistdci
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
A couple questions for those of you who use poker as your primary source of income...
Starting out, did you have a certain amount in mind that you would let your bankroll grow to before you touched it? After that, how did you determine how much to take out each week/two weeks/month? Obviously it depends on your individual expenses, but is it a set amount of your total bankroll or profit over that week or whatever period?

Just curious. Thanks.

sfwusc
03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I am a student so it isnt my primary.

I keep 300bb and cash out the rest ever month end.

SFWUSC

TheMetetron
03-30-2005, 10:03 PM
My roll will always be above 1000 BB's and will usually hover around 1500 BB's. I don't really have set amounts or formulas for how much I want it to grow or what I will cash out and really just kind of go with the flow. I usually only cashout once a month (the first of the month) unless some sort of unexpected need comes up.

At the end of this month my roll will be about 1650 BB's for $5/10 or $16,500. I'll probably cash out $4,000 and put $1,250-$1,500 in a tax savings account and keep the rest.

TheMetetron
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a student so it isnt my primary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn to have parents paying for school and stuff must be nice.

Nick-Zack
03-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I pay myself just like I had a job. Every Friday I make a withdrawal to my checking account and one to my ING account to cover taxes. Anything over the bankroll amount that I have set goes to my www.buyandhold.com (http://www.buyandhold.com) at the end of the month.

gorgeous
03-30-2005, 10:18 PM
When I started, I told myself I wouldn't cash out any $$ until I reached $3k. I'm past that mark now (I'm still playing $0.50/1 btw) and I have a feeling that I'm gonna keep setting higher goals for myself.

And since I'd saved up enough money for rent and stuff before deciding to build up my bankroll, the need for survival money wasn't and still isn't there. So I don't really need to touch my BR yet. But seriously after I hit $5k I'll start paying myself a weekly salary, whether I do well or not

sfwusc
03-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Parents arent paying for school.

You know what assuming means?

Welcome to the iggylist.. it will save me from your copying spamming.

SFWUSC

TheMetetron
03-30-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Parents are paying for school.

You know what assuming means?

Welcome to the iggylist.. it will save me from your copying spamming.

SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Alright, I'll admit I'm confused... no idea wtf you just said.

To clarify myself: I was saying it must be nice to have parents paying for school and whatever else they do, since that's a luxury I haven't had for a while. I'm a student, but this is most definitely my primary source of income.