PDA

View Full Version : QQ in BB - PP $25 NL 6 max

nolefan21
03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Villan was 73/47 - very wild.

What's your line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $25 NL (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($12.75)
Button ($53.2)
SB ($28.65)
Hero ($26.3)
UTG ($35.45)
MP ($96.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($10.10) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls $7.

Turn: ($24.10) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5.

River: ($34.10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $9.30 (All-In), UTG calls $9.30.

Final Pot: $52.70

TheWorstPlayer
03-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Re-raise to $7, push the flop. These guys love to think they are being played back at and call with garbage.

beset7
03-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Why not just call preflop since it's going to be heads up anyways and then check raise all-in on a favorable flop (like this one)? This eliminates his positional advantage and he may call you with offsuit broadway or ace-rag or other trash thinking you are just playing back at him. Even if his has AJ or KJ you're happy to go all-in on this flop.

TheWorstPlayer
03-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't think that line is as good as re-raising preflop and then pushing the turn because
- both ways negate positional advantage
- re-raising preflop allows you to potentially get all-in preflop, a terrific result in this circumstance
- if he folds the flop you give up $5 by not re-raising
- if he folds to the re-raise, you learn that he can fold to a re-raise when he raises big preflop
- by trying to check/raise the flop you could give him a free card which sinks you

soLit
03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I like the reraise preflop, I would like to know or put him on a holding of a/k that way it will be easier to push on the flop, the small raise he could be calling with anything such as 10/10 or j/j. So this will help put him on A/K and also that way if he misses and you push the flop, you have allready got more money in the pot. And like he said you might get called by a A/K or j/j if the flop is favorable for him and he thinks your making a move on him.

nolefan21
03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Do you push the turn when the A comes?

vulturesrow
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you have much of a choice there. Someone correct if I am wrong. But that 5$ was weak. Its ok at 25 PP NL I guess but a decent player (which I know this guy isnt), is going to put you to the test here.

rikz
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Is the fact that this is 6-max change the play here from a full ring game in which I'd see this as over playing an over pair, especially when the A hits the turn? If this were a full game, would a 3/4 bet on the flop, then blocking bets or check/folding when the A hits be better? I see many hands posted here that advocate keeping pot sizes small post flop with overpairs, especially once the flop bet gets called. What would villain raise/call with preflop that is good enough to keep going like this? In a full ring game, I'd expect at least 99 to QQ (KK or AA would have probably raised again to your reraise), AK, AQ, or AJ. By the river, QQ only beats 99 and TT but loses to JJ and Ax. There are no straight or flush draws that villain would have raised with preflop. So, why keep raising every street with only an overpair?

Once again, is it only because this is 6-max?

Or was your play entirely based on your read, "73/47 - very wild" and you'd play it much differently with any other player?

TheWorstPlayer
03-31-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant push the flop. No matter what is on it.

nolefan21
03-31-2005, 11:29 AM
I would think yes it does. I've played much more 6 max than full ring games, but from what I can gather, the 6 max is MUCH more loose (especially this guy...73/47). I did not give him alot of credit for his raise UTG, he was raising 47%. I guess my play here was based on the 73/47. I would play it differentlty against a raise UTG from a non-maniac.

RiverFenix
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Tough to say what exactly the perfect play is here with a maniac. What I see as really wrong (imho) is the turn bet. Either push or c/r all in if he bets small. I would fold if he pushes on the turn(if you checked.)

nolefan21
03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Villan shows A7 and MHING.

aces_full
03-31-2005, 12:36 PM
The "Move of Honor" pre-flop is also a viable play if you don't mind gamboooling it up a bit. Against a guy like this I might push with AK or AQ too. I have done it three times at these tables, twice with AA, and once with AK and I got called each time and won. The last time was against a guy who min-raised almost every hand (PFR 72%!!!!) He made it .50 to go I reraised to $35 and he called with two sooted cards and I doubled up. The guy who called my all in with AK had A7 offsuit.

TheWorstPlayer
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan shows A7 and MHING.

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy is not going to fold for a larger re-raise preflop. Get as much into the pot as you can when you are likely way ahead. And then push the flop because anything smaller leaves you with a ridiculously small stack relative to the pot. Also pushing, as has often been noted, is more likely to be called than a non-push bet. This guy is obviously terrible, but he may have folded the turn unimproved. You should put him to a decision on the flop. These guys will call if they have any piece or sometimes even if they don't. And if he folds, then you have started to break his psychology of running over the table.