No

rusty JEDI
03-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Time for this to go in the FAQ.

rJ

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 08:15 PM
i have 1.2 million.

today i was going to enter the weekly draw. i was ging to take 1,000+ entries. then i saw there were already 6500 entries and the draw is not until sunday.

Lurker4
03-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Someone should organize a unified Zoo effort to join these raffles. We could have a decent chance to have a 2+2er win one of these. I have 650k or so pts to contribute to the cause.

MajorCP
03-31-2005, 04:13 PM
It'd be slightly interesting to do a Sklansky-esque calculation of the best way to spread multiple entries into all three drawings on a day when they're synchronized (or pretty close to synchronized). With 1.2 million points, you should be able to get more than a 50% chance of winning at least one of them. That is if anyone ever does win them.

For you mathematicians with too much time on your hands that are about to jump all over me because I'm a newer poster, I didn't even look at the number of entries, this post is intended to be qualitative rather than quantitative in nature. Individual results may vary.

Blackjack
03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
i have over 2 million. Granny - Lets go in it together and split the prize $$

Blackjack
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Weekly Draw Draw Date: Apr 3, 2005
Prize: $500.00 USD
Total Entries: 80417
Cost to enter: 1000 NETPoints

Alright EIGHTY THOUSAND entries.. What teh [censored].

Screw that.. I'm not spending all 2 million of my points for a 1/40 chance at $500...

Hopefully they'll add something useful that you can use the points for

theredwave
03-31-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With 1.2 million points, you should be able to get more than a 50% chance of winning at least one of them. That is if anyone ever does win them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even look at the number of entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should next time, 1.2 million points will normally only give you a 1/100 chance or so of winning the weekly contest.

theredwave
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully they'll add something useful that you can use the points for

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful, seeing as it's not really difficult to accumulate a massive amount of points rather quickly. But go ahead and keep saving up those points so you can brag about how many you have instead of using them for the only purpose they will ever have, to give you a small chance at winning a drawing for free money.

pokerrookie
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
I asked this question during a chat with customer support at neteller yesterday. The answer was "yes".

MajorCP
03-31-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With 1.2 million points, you should be able to get more than a 50% chance of winning at least one of them. That is if anyone ever does win them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even look at the number of entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should next time, 1.2 million points will normally only give you a 1/100 chance or so of winning the weekly contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
For you mathematicians with too much time on your hands that are about to jump all over me because I'm a newer poster, I didn't even look at the number of entries, this post is intended to be qualitative rather than quantitative in nature. Individual results may vary.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with some members here sniping at posts from people with low post counts? Having encountered that here before, I added a disclaimer specifically for mean-spirited people like you, maybe you should read more carefully next time. Or better yet, post something constructive instead of belittling.

Tapin
03-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Geez, I'm a low-post-count guy too, and even I could see that your disclaimer basically amounted to "I just pulled this post out of my ass." If you don't want people sniping at you, don't say something fairly specific like 'more than 50%' and later '...but I have no idea what I'm saying.'

kurosh
03-31-2005, 06:13 PM
I've got 1.2m. I'm in if we're going to do this.

GrannyMae
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have over 2 million. Granny - Lets go in it together and split the prize $$

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i see you did the math already in your below post.

there is no way to get an advantage so i'm gonna hold them and hope they come up with something to use them for other than these draws.

theredwave
03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't care how many posts you have if you are going to give incorrect information expect it too be corrected by someone on these boards, and you should be thankful that it gets corrected.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should next time

[/ QUOTE ]
I also don't see how this isn't constructive advice, next time before you make a post make sure you actually have some knowledge of the subject before you make it.

Tapin made a very good point as well.