PDA

View Full Version : Bot for joining SNGs

Texas Pete
03-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Can someone please write a bot for joining SNGs? It would keep "n" tables open at a time, starting a new one when you leave one of the tables, placing it in a certain place on your screens. I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.

The Yugoslavian
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Isn't there already some sort of 'open.exe' file or something that does this already?

I swear I've seen people babble on about it before in this forum.

I'd have the ForumBot do a search and find the thread for you but it's currently making me PROFIT, BITCH, at the tables.

Yugoslav

TheUsher
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please write a bot for joining SNGs? It would keep "n" tables open at a time, starting a new one when you leave one of the tables, placing it in a certain place on your screens. I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything even similar to this available? Would be nice having something handy joining new tables and leaving when finished to data-mine.

dfscott
03-30-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything even similar to this available? Would be nice having something handy joining new tables and leaving when finished to data-mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a stupid little script to automatically click the checkbox -- I wonder how tough it would be to take it to the next level.

Hmmmm...

EverettKings
03-30-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wrote a stupid little script to automatically click the checkbox -- I wonder how tough it would be to take it to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly can you manipulate the interface with party via a Bot (i.e., have it play/click things for you)? I'm a compsci major and can do a lot in c++/java/etc but I haven't the faintest clue how to do something like this. Any help appreciated, thanks.

-Kings

raptor517
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
wow you guys are lazy...

dfscott
03-30-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly can you manipulate the interface with party via a Bot (i.e., have it play/click things for you)? I'm a compsci major and can do a lot in c++/java/etc but I haven't the faintest clue how to do something like this. Any help appreciated, thanks.

-Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

Just grab window handles and such and send them window messages at the Windows API level. You're pretty much forced into C++ for something like this, or a scripting language that access something that's written in C++ (i.e., AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/))

sofere
03-30-2005, 06:59 PM
We can't all have your youthful energy Raptor. The 24th b-day hits you like a ton of bricks...then the arthritis sets in.

EverettKings
03-30-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

-Kings

Just grab window handles and such and send them window messages at the Windows API level. You're pretty much forced into C++ for something like this, or a scripting language that access something that's written in C++ (i.e., AutoHotKey)

[/ QUOTE ]

If only I knew what you meant by that...

Sorry, for a CS major I'm pretty computer-illiterate. In other words, I'd appreciate if you broke that down for me. How to I control things at the windows API level? I can write and compile my code here but I have no idea how to code something in C++ to control windows objects. Thanks, sorry if this is bothering you.

-Kings

proell
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else?
If enough people are willing to cough up some change I'll be willing to share the luxury of automated table entry. I think $50 is a little steep though.

What I have is not retail-ready, but it does the job and a little motivation ($$$) could get me to make it more user-friendly.

eastbay
03-30-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else?
If enough people are willing to cough up some change I'll be willing to share the luxury of automated table entry. I think $50 is a little steep though.

What I have is not retail-ready, but it does the job and a little motivation ($$$) could get me to make it more user-friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a good $15 product to me. It doesn't exactly generate much revenue by itself.

eastbay

zaphod
03-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Try this link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1845263 &fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

dfscott
03-31-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a good $15 product to me. It doesn't exactly generate much revenue by itself.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in for $20 or less.

proell
03-31-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try this link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1845263 &fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this one. I'd be curious how it turned out for him. I don't think creating a mini Party app is possible, unfortunately, at least in any useful way. Creating custom apps that trigger events on actual party windows would create more chaos than would be tolerable.

But you do have to love the idea.

bathroompants
03-31-2005, 02:47 AM
put me down as another one of the 20 or less crowd

Mr_J
03-31-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm down. Damn tables fill up too quickly (someone always chooses the same seat as me, one of the corners). Damn party lobby doesn't refresh quick enough.

Yeh $15-20 no problem.

byronkincaid
03-31-2005, 05:03 AM
I'd buy this as long as it chooses the same seat at every table, works OK playing 2 skins at once and is quick cos the most stressful thing about sngs is that bastard who jumps in first and nicks my seat.

WarDekar
03-31-2005, 06:26 AM
It is certainly possible, I have yet to hear back from Party as to something like that is allowed by their TOS.

A working and tested version of that is a ways off, but in the meantime I have decided I may do a "plug-in" type deal. I will release each plug-in for the final product individually, so an autoseater for instance would be one. If someone buys the autoseater at say $20 now, if they later want to buy the mini-version thing (I'm dubbing it "SNG Explorer" right now) you will be able to "plug-in" the autoseater, and I will sell various modules so if you don't want all of them you don't have to pay for it.

Thoughts?

I will have an early version of the auto-seater done this week I think...well, my Illini are playing in the Final Four this Saturday, so maybe not...

introv
03-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Take a look at the API for java.awt.Robot if you fancy taking the Java route.

proell
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Possible, yes. But usable, I'm not sure.
My guess is that you would need to create a custom mini window that just re-displayed the information from the actual party window. Performing actions in the mini-window would trigger the actions on the actual party window. So for example, sliding all-in on the mini window would then display the appropriate party window and perform the same action. To me this seems too chaotic. But maybe I am missing something and there is another way. I guess we'll wait and see.