PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4

JaBlue
03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
First of all this is the best game ever. Second, what's the best way to go about progressing through this game? I have all licenses except extreme cleared in bronze and have beaten some beginner race and the MR2 special races. I also beat some japenese 90s classic or something I basically bought a used MR2 and spent ALL my money tuning it. It is a beast but I just came to the realization that it won't get much better. I won a sweat nismo car with like 400 HP baseline and I am thinking I will just tune that sucker because with the 80,000$ turbo kit I will be getting 620HP. Anyway, what's the best way to progress? What races should I do and in what order? What cars should I get and what should I do to them ? Thx

IsaacW
03-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I've gone through the beginner and professional races from beginning to end, doing the license tests as required. I'm currently working on getting a car that can beat the GT World Championship.

My best car is a 507 HP Nissan Z LM racecar, but it can't hold up to the GT1 class cars that enter the world championship. I might start doing some of the rally races, but for now I have gone back to the Japan GT Championship where I can still reasonably win. If I have to buy a GT1 class car, it's going to cost at least 3.5 million credits (the Mazda 787B should do it), so I've got a ways to go.

As for the best way to progress through the game, I think it's just to have fun. There are so many races that there are probably a lot of good ways to progress.

EDIT: I do recommend getting a nice high-end racecar at some point, because they come with some parts that you can't buy. For example, the brakes on my Nissan LM car are way stronger than the normal racing brakes.