PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with an aggressive table

deception5
03-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

I've played a fair number of single & multi-table home tournaments (and a few online) and I do fairly well in them. Thing is I am used to playing against mostly passive players with a few aggressive ones. Online though (especially at the low buyins I play) I've occasionally run into a table full of aggressive players (4+) some getting a lot of chips early and not being afraid to wield their stacks (a lot of raising preflop, bluffing at pots, pushing all-in, etc).

Is the best way to compete with this basically waiting for great starting hands and playing them? The problem I had last night when this happened was that I had a lack of quality hands and ended up being unable to play anything until level 3-4. Should I wait for premium hands but loosen up more and more as the blinds go up and try to take my chances in late position? I ended up limping a few times (JTs, low PP) in late position trying to hit and was unsuccessful. The blinds finally caught up and I had to push with A7o (5 players left).

Thanks in advance for any advice!
D5

Rolen
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
If the table is full of maniacs going allin when they miss the flop, then it might be worth trying to see a few cheap flops with any two in the hopes of hitting two pair or trips or something, however this is dependant on their pre-flop play. If, as you say, there's a lot of pre-flop raising then you have to just wait for a good hand and do some pushing.