PDA

View Full Version : TPTK turns T2P after monotone flop vs TAG.

OrianasDaad
03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

MP2 is 13/3/2.8 over 92 hands. No specific reads, probably solid.

I'm not happy with my pf call from the big blind, otherwise, I'm not sure where I'm at here.

kenberman
03-30-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

MP2 is 13/3/2.8 over 92 hands. No specific reads, probably solid.

I'm not happy with my pf call from the big blind, otherwise, I'm not sure where I'm at here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough hand. I think this is played mostly fine, except in a small heads-up pot, I can see raising out of the BB. Calling can be good for a deception, so I'm raising here most likely.

I certainly could find more raises against an unknown, but after 92 VeryTAG hands, villian isn't unknown.

in MP2, his open-raising standards may be a bit high, but not monster wide. I think you have to put him on the 'normal' range of TAG open raising hands.

I think calling the flop is ok. You're obviously way ahead of KK/QQ/AQ, but well behind JJ, AA, AJ. Any /images/graemlins/heart.gif is scary. Any T, Q, or K puts a straight on the board from other possible holdings villain has.

In short, waiting until the turn to raise is fine.

The turn is as blank as they come. Good raise.

His 3 bet represents AA, JJ, AJ, AQ, or AK. You haven't yet told him you have any kind of hand...

So the river is a tough decision. It's a tough decision, but I think calling down is right.

UncleSalty
03-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I think you have to 3-bet PF, even against a rock, just to get more information on his hand. You're beat by AA, JJ, and AJ on the flop, and if you had 3-bet you could determine by his response if you can rule out either AA or AJ. (A cap indicates AJ is gone, a call indicates AA is gone.)

Given the fact that you can't narrow his hand possiblities much, I think I'd lead every street here, and slow down if I got raised at any point. Since you just called the flop, I think you played the turn and river perfectly.

(But I'm a n00b, so take this advice w/ a grain of Salty)

Yobz
03-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I see were you are coming from, but I think you might be getting fancy. Having not raised preflop, the flop check/call is fine and the turn c/r is great, as is the river.
I like that you waited for the turn to be non-scary before you raised him.

BUT: The hand plays the way that it did because there was no PF raise: I would 3-bet PF and go from there. I think it plays *very* differently after you 3-bet. If he caps, you might take the same line, if he calls then I would bet out on the flop.

crackthis09
03-30-2005, 06:04 PM
3 bet flop, lead out on the flop....go from there

DMBFan23
03-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi orianas,

I think it's pretty much neccessary to 3 bet this preflop. the other option is to call and checkraise a favorable flop, but I usually save that for hands with a little less pizzazz than AK (pizzazz = you have the bomb hand, homie).

after my 3 bet, my usual line is to bet the flop until I meet resistance. without the monotone board, I think it's bet-3bet on the flop for sure. if he raises on the flop, I'll probably stop and go, evaluating later - he could have been raising with like KhQd or whatever as a semibluff. if I get called on the flop and raised on the turn, I will fold against a passive player (your typical microlimit player) but call down against a very aggressive one who doesnt need a flush or AJ to make that play.