PDA

View Full Version : Am I still good?

OrianasDaad
03-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

SB cap is meaningless to me, he's shown aggression pre-flop with lesser hands.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Attemp to check-raise to protect from an overcard?

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Weird action here. The 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif couldn't have helped the Button. Mabye he thinks I'm bluffing?

River: (16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Ah, shoot. I'm probably behind here, but the pot is too big. I think a check-call would have been in order had SB capped the turn.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Button is 20/4/2.3, only 24 hands.
SB is 54/9/.43, only 33 hands.

fluxrad
03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
I probably check/call that river for the reason you just saw.

But calling the raise is OK with those odds. Anyone disagree?

joeski19
03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably check/call that river for the reason you just saw.

But calling the raise is OK with those odds. Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Looks good to me.

chopchoi
03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
When someone waits to raise the turn, I put them on a hand, unless I know them to be very tricky. I think I would have just called his turn raise, and would definately have check-called the river.

Once he raised the river, you're dead. I don't think you have good odds to call. But this might be one of those rare cases where you needed to do it just so you wouldn't be consumed with wondering about what he had and whether you made a good fold. Despite what the experts say, I believe that peace of mind can be worth the price of a single big bet on the river (and who knows, you just might get lucky and catch him on a huge bluff).

P.S., My guess is he had AA.

cold_cash
03-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I think if you're going to call the river raise you're better off not betting, especially with how the pre-flop and turn action went.

Some players will use that Ace to bluff bet; few will use it to bluff raise.

Hopefully you can catch him with TT or JJ.

KaiShin
03-30-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Attemp to check-raise to protect from an overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, you have to determine if Button will bet this flop. Since SB capped it PF, its not clear whether or not he will.

Secondly, even if Button bets out on the flop, the only person your CR will leave facing two cold is CO.

Thirdly, the pot is already 17 SB. If Button bets, SB calls, and you raise, you'll leave CO with 10.5:1, still enough to call on pretty much anything decent.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Ah, shoot. I'm probably behind here, but the pot is too big. I think a check-call would have been in order had SB capped the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I think by this point we can narrow Button down to TT-AA/AK, although I think AK is unlikely given the raise on the turn. I don't think he would fold TT-KK if we lead, but its tough to say if we would induce a bluff with those hands if we check. Still, I think he will bet more hands than he calls with here, so I'd check/call.